Possible Ways to Crack the Bootloader

OP
aliasxerog

aliasxerog

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
LMAO...give up..if it hasnt bn cracked by now it will never...Motorola doesnt want to happen...and look at the rumors of them wanting to create their own O.S. like crapple they dont like open source...

A. troll.
B. Its just math, we can crack it. Note RSA is easy to bruteforce, it just takes 10^3 years or more.
C. Screw the bootloader. I have three phones running custom kernels because of kexec.
D. It's probably the fault of noobs like you that they locked the bootloader in the first place.
E. Refer to A

Sent from my Droid X running AOSP and linux kernel 2.6.38.

Last edited:

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
LMAO...give up..if it hasnt bn cracked by now it will never...Motorola doesnt want to happen...and look at the rumors of them wanting to create their own O.S. like crapple they dont like open source...

A. troll.
B. Its just math, we can crack it. Note RSA is easy to bruteforce, it just takes 10^3 years or more.
C. Screw the bootloader. I have three phones running custom kernels because of kexec.
D. It's probably the fault of noobs like you that they locked the bootloader in the first place.
E. Refer to A

Quoted for truth

That reminds me, did you ever get any of the other drivers you needed for kexec to actually work (ie make calls/send and receive texts etc)?

Sent from my Liberated D2G

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score

A. toll.
E. Refer to A

+1 but I'd surely get an infraction for saying as much!

OP
aliasxerog

aliasxerog

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

A. troll.
E. Refer to A

Quoted for truth

That reminds me, did you ever get any of the other drivers you needed for kexec to actually work (ie make calls/send and receive texts etc)?

I've been working on it. Its not the drivers as much as getting around the hardware resetting the phone. I think the key might be keeping the radio from starting on phone boot.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
How hard would that actually be to do? Know very little about coding (know a little scripting + comfortable with python but that's it.

And is there anything I can do to help? Might have to be pointed in the right direction but ill do whatever I can.

OP
aliasxerog

aliasxerog

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
The code is all there to load the driver. Issue being it can't actually load it without rebooting. So its more of a matter of legos than coding. We just need to know what order to put the instructions in.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Trial and error, or a eureka moment, seems to be the answer :/

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Any idea why it does that though? Just incompatability with the kernel or something else?

WugFresh

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I have been MIA for a little. Sorry.. lots of tests this week.

Listen. I think some of you are misinterpreting what the purpose of the petition is. Its not to give to moto to get turned down, its to get into the media and force moto to listen. When I am ready and we have enough signatures. I will initiate phase two of the plan. I will elaborate on this later today.

{{ WugFresh }}

Last edited:

pecord

Reaction score
The code is all there to load the driver. Issue being it can't actually load it without rebooting. So its more of a matter of legos than coding. We just need to know what order to put the instructions in.

Just thinking out loud but couldn't you make it so it builds it every possible way, it'd be brute force but I'm sure the community, myself included, would be able to help test it

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
aliasxerog

aliasxerog

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

Just thinking out loud but couldn't you make it so it builds it every possible way, it'd be brute force but I'm sure the community, myself included, would be able to help test it

I was thinking of doing that, but from reading on here it seems people gets rather angry when you make their phones not boot. It people are willing to do it ill release it.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
As long as I can make it boot when I need it to ill happily help. Not sure if I could though because on a d2g =/

sent from a D2G with Liberty 2

WugFresh

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

I was thinking of doing that, but from reading on here it seems people gets rather angry when you make their phones not boot. It people are willing to do it ill release it.

As long as I can sbf back to life, I am willing to test anything you are working on regarding this.

{{ WugFresh }}

bloodmut

Reaction score
Aye me as well...long as I can sbf, I'll help out in any way I can. Just let me know as all I'll be doing today is messing around with my phone and watching the VCU game tonight