possible charging issue

zobothehobo

Reaction score
I've had my Droid 2 for almost two months and had very little problem with it. But today I noticed when I plugged it in it wasn't really charging... it's kind of stuck at thirty percent. I plugged it in when it was on 15 and continued playing my game (blubble buster). I do this all the time and normally it charges slower than if I don't mess with it... but certainly faster than this. Anyway, it seemed to get to 30 just fine. And I got up and had the game running but the display off. I had dinner and took a shower and came back an hour later and it was still on 30%. Normally it would be at least at 60 if not higher. I just decided to turn it off and see if it will charge while the battery's not doing anything but I'm nervous. The charge light comes on and it tells me it's charging... but it seems to be stuck. Is this something I should be worried about?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
A watched pot doesn't boil, but it shouldn't take longer then a couple of hours, maybe 3 for your Droid to recharge if you're using the original charger..

Pull the battery for a full 30 seconds and then put it back in. If you still see 30% the take it to a Verizon Store. They can put another battery in it and you will find out if it's a battery issue or a problem with the Droid.

OP
Z

zobothehobo

Reaction score
It seems to be working now that I've turned it off... it's already at 60%. when it gets back down, I'm going to try to charge it while it's on... I'm just glad it can charge at all. Thanks for the tip about taking my battery out for thirty seconds. I'll try that if it does this again.