Charging Issue

phoenixus

Reaction score
I believe I am having a charging issue and wanted to check with you guys to see if anyone else has experienced the same thing.

When I plug my phone into the wall to charge, it charges normally and fast (usually within an hour or so it's fully charged if it's around 30%).

But when I plug the phone into my laptop with the usb cable (and set it to charge only) or I put the phone in my car dock in the car (which is attached to a car charger) the phone doesn't seem to charge. It says it is charging, and the battery doesn't drain, but when I remove the phone, the percentage seems to be at the same as it was when I plugged it in.

For example, I have about a 30 minute drive to work. Earlier, my phone was at 80% when I put it in the car dock. I used google listen to listen to a podcast.

When I arrived at work, I removed the phone from the car dock and the battery was still at 80%. Is this normal? Does it just take longer to charge your phone if you are using a car charger or a laptop?

mewshi

Reaction score
I've not had a problem with my phone NOT charging from PC power... it just charges slower. The wall charger provides either 700 or 800, while most other USB ports provide a lot less.