POP Mail - "Connection Error"

sddenizen

Reaction score
You won't have to notify anybody of an email change if you forward your roadrunner email to gMail and if you configure gMail to use your roadrunner email for reply addresses. In gMail --> settings --> Accounts and Import

psustan

Reaction score
Its a issue with Time Warner/Road Runner email. When you are inside the network ie. WiFi at home thru RR you can send fine. When you leave home and send thru 3g you are outside the RR network and therefor cant send. I have talked to both Verizon and RR support about the issue. It makes me mad b/c this work fine for a few days when I got the phone and now it doesn't. I have uninstalled/reinstalled account and that seemed to work but now it doesn't. Checked all the smtp settings and still nothing. If its this unstable I am going to have to use GMail which sucks b/c have to notify everyone of the change. Wish it worked! Anymore info please let me know!
Thanks,

It may be the same problem as in this thread:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...s/1269-smtp-setting-road-runner-e-mail-4.html

If you can get outgoing mail to work outside the RR network, that should be OK everywhere. Why connect to the RR network over WiFi when you have unlimited through Verizon?