Please someone help me

ksalce

Reaction score
All i did was install a new bootlogo from liberty toolbox (the flaming android one) and now im completely caught in a bootloop. For some reason i cant boot into recovery either. Ive done the battery pull like 20 times now and still no luck. Im really hoping something as simple as installing a new boot logo didnt just screw me over. If someone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

OP
K

ksalce

Reaction score
I apologize hookbill Im just very stressed out right now cuz im actually waiting on someone to text me and i cant get the text due to the fact my phone is stuck. I appreciate the help though I'm checking out that link right now. Quick question though: if i do an SBF, does that mean i have to reroot my phone also?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yep, it's bringing you back to stock so you would need to root again.

OP
K

ksalce

Reaction score
Alright one more question: once i root it again will i still be able to restore one of my backups i have or will i not have them anymore once i sbf. I'm sorry for all these questions this has just never happened to me before and i dont want to screw anything up.

Reaction score
I apologize hookbill Im just very stressed out right now cuz im actually waiting on someone to text me and i cant get the text due to the fact my phone is stuck. I appreciate the help though I'm checking out that link right now. Quick question though: if i do an SBF, does that mean i have to reroot my phone also?

This is why I mess around with my phone in the middle of the night, when no-one's likely to call. =)

OP
K

ksalce

Reaction score
I just SBF'd and it flashed everything correctly but once the phone rebooted after flashing it was still caught in a bootloop. Im trying to SBF again but im starting to lose hope that my phone will work again :(

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just SBF'd and it flashed everything correctly but once the phone rebooted after flashing it was still caught in a bootloop. Im trying to SBF again but im starting to lose hope that my phone will work again :(

Well at the very worst it means you have to use your warranty. But at least you're back at stock and you can hand them the phone and just say you don't know what happened. And that's the truth, you don't.

RevNumbers

Reaction score
I had the same thing happen to me after SFBing (bootlooped right out of the gate) once you've sbf'd hold X on reboot to get back into the bootloader, press the search button on the keyboard to bring up the menu and wipe data/factory reset... worked for me, give it a go and see what happens

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I had the same thing happen to me after SFBing (bootlooped right out of the gate) once you've sbf'd hold X on reboot to get back into the bootloader, press the search button on the keyboard to bring up the menu and wipe data/factory reset... worked for me, give it a go and see what happens

Yep, that makes sense. That should fix it.

OP
K

ksalce

Reaction score

I just tried that and i was able to get into the bootloader menu but once i hit wipe data/factory reset, it says "E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command".......im so screwed :(

OP
K

ksalce

Reaction score
And for some reason even though i SBF'd, the Liberty boot logo is still on my phone. It shows the motorola M in the beggining but then after that it shows the Liberty logo. So that means if i try to use my warranty, they're gonna know I rooted my phone so im completely screwed. This absolutely sucks :(.

OP
K

ksalce

Reaction score
Wait i just did it again and it works now. Thank god. Seriously thank you guys for the help. I dont know what i would have done without you guys. You guys are lifesaver. You just saved me like 300 dollars haha :)

RevNumbers

Reaction score
lol, glad to hear it's working... i was about to post to give it a try again, i get that same message on mine, not sure why but it seems to work anyway... then i refreshed and lo' and behold you'd tried it on your own... anyway, glad to hear you're up and running :)