Please Help

DIESEL-USMC

Reaction score
I posted this in the Droid help forum, but figured Id put it here as well.....

I have had this HTC Droid Incredible since july of 2010. Things were going alright for awhile. And the past few months I have had countless errors, crashes and freezes. It all started with a "Low Space" message although there really was plenty of space. I deleted all of the third party apps, changed my email settings to only hold 2 days worth and cleared every cache I could find. It went away for about an hour and then bam, it came back. This led to freezes, force closes for every single app when trying to open it. Id remove the battery to get it to reboot. Then it started telling me I had no SD card installed, but I did. Then I got messages for new Droid updates being available but the phone would not reboot and then finally did one time leading to a screen with a red exclamation point. About two weeks of freezes, errors, exclamation points and crashes led me to finally attempt a factory reset. I backed up my media and contacts and proceeded to the settings menu to do the factory reset. It rebooted and went into the RED (!) all over again. So I found a thread with a hard reset. Did it, to no avail. Still have every app, contact and setting there even though it said it did it. So I tried to recover. no go, got the RED (!). Tried every menu option on the boot menu, only reset doesnt give me the RED (!) but it still doesnt reset. I HAVE ABOUT HAD IT. Anyone with some insight as to what the *&#*^$*^$*%$%*&%&^*^&$%*^*&%#*^%* is going on would be much appreciated as I have exhausted google, and droid forums for answers and I'm about to throw it through the dang window.​

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Looks like this is the best place for this thread. I just wanted to let you know that I removed your other 2 identical threads. We do this to avoid confusion and people helping in multilple threads.

Good luck, I'm sure you'll get some feedback soon enough.

OP
DIESEL-USMC

DIESEL-USMC

Reaction score
Looks like this is the best place for this thread. I just wanted to let you know that I removed your other 2 identical threads. We do this to avoid confusion and people helping in multilple threads.

Good luck, I'm sure you'll get some feedback soon enough.

Thanks I hope so!

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
You should be able to put a stock RUU on your SD via card reader or transfer from PC to SD and wipe your phone clean to start over. I'm not an HTC guru but I know a RUU will return your phone to brand new out ofof box state. Maybe wait for someone with more knowledge on it.

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Have you tried switching out SD cards?

Also possibly time to find latest ruu and flash that.

OP
DIESEL-USMC

DIESEL-USMC

Reaction score
Thanks! Im willing to try anything. Any idea where to start with that process?

Reaction score
Okay, I've actually done this so I have found the files once. I'll begin search and I should have links in a couple of minutes.:biggrin:

mrksbrd

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
Twitter
mrksbrd
its sounding more like some type of hardware failure to me, my guess would be internal storage.

OP
DIESEL-USMC

DIESEL-USMC

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replys. I am going to check out that link. If this doesnt work, im going to go get a new phone.......a little help with choosing the best one would be great!!

Reaction score
I am very happy with my bionic after the 893 update and then the 901 leak/ accidental update. If you choose the bionic make sure to 43V3ER root it before the 901 or its a real pain to do. If you want to root that is. Good luck on the phone.

"But WHY THE RUM?!!"

Reaction score
Yea, it does sound like a hardware failure. Correct Rom? Odd, I did this to an incredible that was rooted and custom ROMed and had no trouble at all.

"But WHY THE RUM?!!"

Reaction score
Google stock incredible Rom, or return incredible to stock. You could try rooting and custom Rom too. Or get a replacement, but I vote for a new phone if you can.

"But WHY THE RUM?!!"