Please Help!

monroene

Reaction score
I am very new to this and am trying to find out what to do. I let a friend root my DX and now I need it back to stock but I am no longer friends with this person. He did it all with his computer and then handed me the rooted phone. I have These are the new apps I see on my phone ROM Manager, Quick Boot, Superuser Permission. Please help me in giving me steps in putting it back to factory. I am in dire need!

OP
M

monroene

Reaction score
Sorry Don't Know

Okay so I read through each one and didn't find the one you are talking about. A couple of the links have been removed and some are for the original droid. I don't have anything really to go on. I don't know if I am supoose to flash my phone first or what. I am still lost I'm sorry.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
check the last link in my signature. that is imo the best tutorial for sbfing the droid x. as always if you have any questions post them either in there or in here. someone will be along to help.

OP
M

monroene

Reaction score
Sorry more questions?

So I need to make a backup of bootstrap? I have bootstap on my phone but don't know how to make a backup. I read the Koush's Droid X Bootstrapper but I didn't see anything about a backup. Can I follow the instructions in your last post of step number 5 and not make a backup? I wish there was a step 1, 2, 3, etc that was available it would be so much easier for me to understand.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
if you're trying to get completely back to stock with no root then the easiest way would be to just use z4root to unroot your phone however if you've used the bootstrap especially to flash a rom then that isn't going to really get rid of all traces of root. i may have gotten ahead of myself. what is the reason you need the phone back to stock?

OP
M

monroene

Reaction score
It keeps freezing up I have to take out my battery up to 6 times a day. The first time I take it out is because it goes straight to clockwork mod recovery v2.5.0.6 I am going to send my phone in to verizon and don't want any trace of root. This friend had all the stuff on his computer then won't change it back for me now. I hooked up a different phone on my line because the DX kept freezing.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It keeps freezing up I have to take out my battery up to 6 times a day. The first time I take it out is because it goes straight to clockwork mod recovery v2.5.0.6 I am going to send my phone in to verizon and don't want any trace of root. This friend had all the stuff on his computer then won't change it back for me now.

then i would take abe's advice and flash the madderstock zip. it's very easy and you just have to flash it in clockwor. it will bring you to a complete out of the box state.

OP
M

monroene

Reaction score
It's not a working phone on the network that is I hooked up a different phone because of the problems

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
it doesn't need to be hooked up to the network in order to flash that file. if it can be booted up and then booted in to clockwork recover from the bootstrap app then you just need to place the .zip on the sd card.

OP
M

monroene

Reaction score
Okay, I will give it my best shot thank you and sorry for all the posts. So just follow the steps or go straight to sbf flashing?