Please Help!

OP
M

monroene

Reaction score
Okay it says to make a backup and what do I make a backup of and how? I'm so sorry I never should have let anyone touch my phone :icon_ nono2:

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
you don't really need to make a backup. especially considering that you wouldn't want to restore the phone in this state.

OP
M

monroene

Reaction score
How do I get it on my sd card I thought I had it in the right place but don't see it after following the steps in clockwork.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
if you placed it on the root of your sd card then it would show up underneath all the folders rather than alphabetically embedden within the folders. when you select "choose ip from sd card" hit the volume up button to get straight to the bottom of the list.

OP
M

monroene

Reaction score
After hitting the volume up button I have at the very bottom ++++Go Back+++, update.zip, DroidXBootstrap.zip, etc. Nothing with Maderstcok.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
where did you place the maderstock zip? have you checked the sd card to make sure that it's there?

OP
M

monroene

Reaction score
He came over and put one thing on my computer a file named droid x so that I could put beautiful widegets and stuff like that on my phone so I was trying to use that file other wise I have no idea how to put it on my sd card

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
ok plug the droid x in to your computer and there will be a notification in the droid x's pulldown. click on the usb notification and make sure that usb mass storage is selected. then it should show up on your computer as a removable drive. open the droid x's file tree with your computers file browser and drag and drop the maderstock zip in to the file tree and not in any folders. once the file finishes transfering into the droid x, eject the phone and then safely remove it from the computer.