Please help with text messaging

martin31

Reaction score
As great as the phone seems to be it seems to have many quirks, then again it could just be the user. Does anyone know how to create a text message and send it to more than 1 person. it seems when i try I have to type in each individuals phone number which seems ridiculous to me. there has to be an easier way to pull from contacts right? thanks

k2m2u2

Reaction score
I am looking for info on the same problem. It would be nice if you could select from the contact list - multiple people etc.

rgb2448

Reaction score
download Handcent from the market it is free, then you can choose from the contact list.

k2m2u2

Reaction score
Which Handcent? Handcent Keyboard, SMS, Font Packs?

OP
M

martin31

Reaction score
download Handcent from the market it is free, then you can choose from the contact list.

thanks!! downloaded it and it looks nice but it doesnt let me chose contacts they are all grayed out.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just type in the contact name, it will auto complete and drop a comma, then type next name and so forth.

OP
M

martin31

Reaction score
it works great, the only problem is evrytime i get a text its coming into handcent and the default text and the message notification of the home page doesnt go away..

crspang

Reaction score
in the "to" line start typing a name and choose the one you want, then start typing another name choose that one and so on and so on.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
it works great, the only problem is evrytime i get a text its coming into handcent and the default text and the message notification of the home page doesnt go away..

Open the default app and disable notifications in the menu....

chrisd56

Reaction score
You must have the contact set as "mobile" in each contact's profile or auto correct will not search the name.

Once you do that after you get one contact in there will be a comma after it, then just type the next name and so on.

x25064

Reaction score

Like someone else said, go into Android SMS settings (on your inbox screen), go to the notifications option, and disable notifications. Now go into your settings for Handcent (tool icon in the top right) and scroll down to notifications to make sure they are on.

You can also customize the popup and reminders etc. For example I disabled the popups because they were aggrivating and got in the way (when you have the notification panel you don't need that crap anyway) and I enabled the reminder so that my phone will wake itself out of sleep mode and flash the screen so that if I am driving with music, in a movie, meeting, etc, I will be able to see that my phone has an incoming notification.

Hope that clears it up for you.