Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Complaining is okay, especially if it's being done in a polite, family-friendly way. This issue has been going on for days and you're frustrated.

Unfortunately I'm at a loss because I've never had an issue with my Droid 1. I'd recommend you mention any problems, if they don't either go away or have an easy fix, to the developer(s) if you haven't already.

And yes, the Yahoo! Mail app isn't very intuitive. Hopefully that will improve. On the other hand, at least they're supporting the platform. :)

Good luck and as ideas come they should be posted.

trvlnlzrd

Reaction score
Broken Ally Update

I feel your pain......

I was unable to sync my yahoo account as I get a connection error and unable to sync to my exchange email. Also oddly enough it would tell me that I did not have data provisioned on my phone. So I went into the local store since tech support over the phone was clearly trying to troubleshoot a phone issue instead of looking for a network issue...

After talking the tech support in the store I finally convinced the agent to let me try to set up my email account on a demo device and supprise I had all the same issues. He finally checked on line internally and found a master ticket that covered the issues I was having since 9/22.

I asked if he could share the ticket number.... but he did not seem willing.

Unfortunatly the third party app dosnt allow me to syc my contacts and calender from exchange......

Guess that I will give them a couple more days and call tech support. Disappointed that they wouldn't share the trouble ticket number. Makes me wonder if they really did submit a trouble ticket and attach it to the master ticket. Hummmm......

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
:welcome: to the forum, trvlnlzrd!

Yes, Verizon in-store tech support is generally sub-par. A lot of the people working in the stores are hard-working, intelligent people who really do want to help, but most of the techs are, generally speaking, under-trained and under-motivated. Usually the people over the phone do a much better job, but when you have a problem that you know they're doing the wrong thing to fix they're no help either.

Good luck getting that network error fixed. Keep after them about it! Only way you'll get results!

TNBBQChef

Reaction score
I too have been having lots of email issues. I haven't received email on my droid with my comcast account since yesterday at 3 PM. Now at 8 PM a day later, I am getting email again. I have spent hours with Verizon tech support and their solution is to send me another phone or do a hard reset. After three hard resets per phone and now my third phone, it seems that there is a problem with Ally's and multiple email acccounts. It can only seem to handle one. Very frustrating indeed!

mikesmom58

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with tech support again because in addition to having the email problems I am also still continuing to experience several other issues since the update. (Most notably the phone not reading my SD Card) After another hard reset did not fix the problem, and after he restoring the phone to the previous version (whatever that means) di not fix the problem, I also convinced "Kevin" to get an ally and go through the motions with me. He was quite shocked. He told me that there is no record of any other user experiencing the same issues. I then directed him to this thread and a few others I have found. Quickly he told me that he had to gather more information and call me back. I will not hold my breath.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
I wouldn't either. :(

On the other hand, if "Kevin" was serious then there might be a bit of a shakeup in the near future with regards to the Ally.

craigcap

Reaction score
k-9 mail regurgitates emails just the same...droid sucks for email, no fixes anywhere. I spend all day deleting mail that comes back in as new, that I've already deleted. K9 is better than stock, but this problem is, well, I don't understand how it coudl be a problem still. Obviously no one cares.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
k-9 mail regurgitates emails just the same...droid sucks for email, no fixes anywhere. I spend all day deleting mail that comes back in as new, that I've already deleted. K9 is better than stock, but this problem is, well, I don't understand how it coudl be a problem still. Obviously no one cares.
Have you posted your concerns in the proper sub-forum? Someone there might have a fix.

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
Within the K-9 settings do you have it set to "mark email as read" once you open it on your phone? I have done this and I no longer get the emails repeatedly. I am not sure if this will help you or not but that is what I have done.

craigcap

Reaction score
Have you posted your concerns in the proper sub-forum? Someone there might have a fix.

Not sure what the proper sub-forum means/is. I searched for "k9", "k-9", and "k9 mail" on this forum, believe it or not - zero found for k9 and k-9. Either user error on my part, or the search doesn't work well. of course "mail" is found umteen thousand times - defeats the purpose of search.

dlwhtrose said:
Within the K-9 settings do you have it set to "mark email as read" once you open it on your phone? I have done this and I no longer get the emails repeatedly. I am not sure if this will help you or not but that is what I have done.

@dlwhtrose - thx - when you say 'mark as read", do you mean instead of "delete on server" (same setting option - under, "when I delete a msg")? I want it deleted off server when I delete on phone, otherwise, after deleting on phone, I have to go to computer and re-delete the 100 emails from the day, again. Maybe I'm missing something.