Please help me. Droid Ally. DELETED ALL MY CONTACTS!

.Hybrid.

Reaction score
I got an LG Ally about 5 days ago. At the store they transferred all of my old contacts from my old phone to the Ally. I didn't mess with any applications except for facebook. Today I wanted to download some apps and my friend said you need to make a Gmail account in order to do pretty much anything. So I made a Gmail account on the phone, but as soon as I finished that.. all my contacts were gone.

I figured that the Gmail account was trying to force my email contacts and information on my Gmail account over my previous contacts.. but since I never used Gmail before I had no contacts and it just wound up deleting years and years of contacts.

Ive tried syncing and unsyncing the Gmail account but nothings worked.

I really need help getting my contacts back. Can anyone help me?

harrellj

Reaction score
You should have already had a Google account as soon as the Ally was activated, since all Android phones require that account like the iOS devices need iTunes accounts. I don't think the Ally has changed the stock contacts app (I'm on the D1), so if you go into that app and then hit menu > display options, do you have 2 gmail accounts listed or just one?

If you have 2, see if the one that isn't the one you just made has any groups set to not display. If just the one, is it the one you created or not?

OP
H

.Hybrid.

Reaction score
I made my first and only account today so when i go to "contacts/menu/display options" it has my facebook account and my gmail account

OP
H

.Hybrid.

Reaction score
Idk if it makes a difference but when I was in the store buying it, I made a point of saying that I was going to barely, maybe not at all, use any apps. Because I didnt want to pay 30 a month, I took the 15 a month.. so the guys says to be careful because there are apps that use those limited minutes I have because they are constantly connected to the phone.. then the next day my mom takes my sister to the store and while shes there I changed my mind about the apps and would pay for the unlimited usage. so that gets changed while shes there..

Still didnt touch anything until today, and when I made the gmail account the contacts got wiped