please help. A855

bphilip0906

Reaction score
hi, I have read so many threads and cant find anything to help me to please dont just redirect me somewhere else and just help me.
I broke a phone and am using a droid A855 as my current replacement. My cousin gave it to me and it is running cyanogenmod 7. I simply want to set the phone back to its absolute original state. I am not able to boot the phone into recovery mode. And I really dont know much about unrooting and rooting or what that really means. I have experience w blackberry and apple but not android. someone please help me to get this ROM off my phone, and back to stock... how can i do this if i cant get into recovery mode? i have rom manager on the phone and even thorugh there it wont boot into recovery mode. it just loops once and boots up normally. please!!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
OK Folks, this is an honest plea for help. I know there are those out there who may not still use their OGDs but can still help him, and there may even be those who are tried and true OGD die-hards who are still unrelenting that the OGD is and was the best Android phone - ever (and believe me, I'm not one to disagree). Let's pool the resources and get this fellow back on his two pure stock green feet!

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
With the og droid since the bootloader is not locked all you have to do is find a stock update.zip file. Or you can probably download cm app and one click flash back to recovery. Let me see if i can find it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wow, jogging my memory here. There was a program that allowed easy root and back to stock. For the life of me I cannot remember what it was called but it worked well. Hopefully someone still has it and can get it to the O.P. and also refresh my old brain what the name of the program was that we all used on the OG Droid.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey

sherri

Silver Member
Reaction score
Didn't the z4 one click app work? It rooted and un-rooted with a simple one step app.... Let me see if I have it.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

OP
B

bphilip0906

Reaction score
I just want to say thanks to all of you trying to help me. With this phone for whatever reason i can not in anyway get it to boot into recovery mode to make any alterations. it simply loops one time and then boots normally whenever i try to get into recovery. I have tried so many things but that seems to be the one step that is getting into my way. I cant boot anything.

sherri

Silver Member
Reaction score
For the z4 root, boot normally and go to the link I posted. It is an apk. Install it like you would any other. If it installs, it will give you a choice to unroot.

OP
B

bphilip0906

Reaction score
So I am finally able to install ROMs! I have it running on 2.2 and its working already so much better than the cyangenmod that was on there. After some more research I was able to find out why my phone wasnt being read in RSD lite, once i fixed that i as able to flash SPRecovery onto my phone and i can now get into recovery mode! now does anyone know where i might be able to find, if it even exist,s a ROM like GB or ICS? ive seen on youtube some have gotten JB but idk how well that would run. I'm just looking for something more up to date. What ROMs does everyone else prefer?

sherri

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have Steel DROID on mine. Also used CM9. MIUI is absolutely gorgeous, but a completely different feel.

OP
B

bphilip0906

Reaction score
i cant seem to find any good links for anything for this phone. it seems like most links have been removed. anyone know where i can find somethnig more than gingerbread?