help me with nandroid backup! not working right

modestokid209

Reaction score
so i went to try and get into recovery mode right, and it goes the a screen with triangle and ! and the picture of the phone.
i dont no how to get to the rest of the recovery mode, i alreaady rooted my phone, and overclocked it but wanna install a custom rom but its not working.
someone please help so i dont brick my phone. thanks alot

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
What recovery are you using? SPRecovery or ClockworkMod? If it Clockworkmod press the power button once and everything should show up.

He's probably not using either. It sounds like he's in stock recovery. He needs to flash one of the ones you mentioned. That's my guess at least.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Using RM to flash recovery doesn't always work. I suggest you give it another shot.

Sent from my GalaxyNexus using Tapatalk

OP
M

modestokid209

Reaction score
i figured it out guys. thanks alot. what ROM u guys suggest i use for my first ever?

OP
M

modestokid209

Reaction score
ya i went back into rom manager and reistalled recovery than went into recovery mode and it worked this time. just wanna try a different ROM any suggestions?

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
ya i went back into rom manager and reistalled recovery than went into recovery mode and it worked this time. just wanna try a different ROM any suggestions?

Depends if you want a Froyo or GB ROM.

Some really awesome GB ones are:

Liquid
CushZero
SS Gingerbread
Project Elite

A very solid Froyo build is Droid Concepts. I'm sure there's plenty more. Not every ROM or kernel works best on every phone. They're all different.

BrUhNiGGs

Reaction score
whats the difference between froyo or gingerbread?

Froyo is Android 2.2 and Gingerbread is Android 2.3 which is more updated. I suggest running Gingerbread first (ie. Liquid Rom, CushZero, Simply Stunning) , see how you like it. Froyo requires less memory so if you encounter memory issues on Gingerbread, use a froyo rom (ie. Project Elite 4.2, Droid Concepts, Bugless Beast, Sourcery)

Sent from my CushZero using Tapatalk