How to unbrick Motorola OG droid

monkey_man

Reaction score
hi guys,

I need help with my bricked OG droid... I ran bugless beast by pete ( the latest before GPA14) and slayher 1.0 kernel... was fine til I upgraded my phone to Bionic. The phone now bricked to the eye bootloader. I tried power+x and no recovery mode. It seems that the Clockwork recovery is gone. I looked at youtube and did rsd plus sprecovery.sbf the phone worked again when I did power+x then did the wipe data and factory reset... The phone went past the bootloader to an activation screen... I did that once it is in I received a pop up saying system error.. battery was said empty although not... charger won't work, wifi error, basically everything fails... Is there a method that I can do to make this phone works again?? thanks for the help.

zachdroid

Reaction score
Looks like rsd lite is the answer here

Sent from my SHIFTS3NS3 using DroidForums

For sure. Dl a stock sbf image and flash it back to the beginning. If you want to reroot you cam dl rzr sbf recovery and activate root in the rom afterwards.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
M

monkey_man

Reaction score
I somehow got it working :) was worried for few days.. did re flash sprecovery and just go ahead find a rom and renamed it update.zip... thankfully went without a hitch.. a relief for a working 2.3.4 OG droid. dancedroid