Please give us a LIST of what must REDONE AFTER installing ICS on my RAZR Maxx

spalding12

Reaction score
i downloaded ICS on day 1
haven't installed it yet
i'm a pediatrician who cannot be without a functioning phone
it's my lifetime to my practice, etc

maybe the early reports of decreased battery life weren't as accurate as originally thought
so... i'm off this coming weekend and i'm thinking of installing ICS
like everyone else,
i have my Maxx set up the way i like it
- folders
- ringtones
- alarms
- LIGHTFLOW for proper LED notifications ("proper" for me)
- shortcuts

so...
please tell me
AFTER installing ICS
WHAT must i "REDO?"

i guess my 5 home screens will be BLANK
and all my folders gone

but...
what must i expect to REDO?

thanks, as always, in advance

Ghostwheel

Reaction score
Well, for one, the current version of LightFlow does not work properly in ICS. Once a notification occurs, there is no way to clear it, even by looking at the sms, opening the email, etc. It just continues to repeat until you manually force close and then restart LightFlow. I have it disabled until they release an update that fixes the ICS issues, which means I'm dealing with the limited stock led/sound scheme.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
If you just install ICS and don't do a factory data reset either before or after then all of your stuff will be the same as it was before (in a perfect world that is).

Though the problem you might run into is you could start seeing little quarks or issues that you are having, that could require a FDR thus you would lose your stuff like you are worried about doing now.

You could luck out as others have that didn't do a FDR and still have no issues running ICS, but again that is just a roll of the dice.

Xfactorx316

Reaction score
If you just install ICS and don't do a factory data reset either before or after then all of your stuff will be the same as it was before (in a perfect world that is).

Though the problem you might run into is you could start seeing little quarks or issues that you are having, that could require a FDR thus you would lose your stuff like you are worried about doing now. You could luck out as others have that didn't do a FDR and still have no issues running ICS, but again that is just a roll of the dice.

Sydman is right on. I thought I would gamble and did not perform the FDR and I have had no issues. The battery was concerning for a day or two, but after following Foxcat's battery charging procedure, my battery life is as good as it was before ICS.

OP
spalding12

spalding12

Reaction score
Well, for one, the current version of LightFlow does not work properly in ICS. Once a notification occurs, there is no way to clear it, even by looking at the sms, opening the email, etc. It just continues to repeat until you manually force close and then restart LightFlow. I have it disabled until they release an update that fixes the ICS issues, which means I'm dealing with the limited stock led/sound scheme.
i DO appreciate THAT
i guess you haven't found a suitable replacement that DOES work with ICS

OP
spalding12

spalding12

Reaction score

Though the problem you might run into is you could start seeing little quarks or issues that you are having, that could require a FDR thus you would lose your stuff like you are worried about doing now.

You could luck out as others have that didn't do a FDR and still have no issues running ICS, but again that is just a roll of the dice.

i guess i just thought all my folders would "GO AWAY."
not sure WHY i thought that

OP
spalding12

spalding12

Reaction score
Sydman is right on. I thought I would gamble and did not perform the FDR and I have had no issues. The battery was concerning for a day or two, but after following Foxcat's battery charging procedure, my battery life is as good as it was before ICS.
great news
thank you
i have NO desire to do an FDR...
yes, i know... it's just like having a new phone, but i just don't want to do it
i don't HATE GB enough to install ICS IF i have to do that FDR
i'm sure that ICS is better... i have no doubt... i guess :biggrin:

Ghostwheel

Reaction score
i DO appreciate THAT
i guess you haven't found a suitable replacement that DOES work with ICS

Nope. I'm just hoping LightFlow comes up with a new version that fixes things soon. If they don't, I'm guessing some other app will - much the same way that LightFlow replaced Missed Call.

OP
spalding12

spalding12

Reaction score
Nope. I'm just hoping LightFlow comes up with a new version that fixes things soon. If they don't, I'm guessing some other app will - much the same way that LightFlow replaced Missed Call.
i, too, used to use "MISSED CALL." i hope that you are right about LightFlow coming up with a new version. i LOVE that app... and it is VERY useful to ME.
appreciate your replies