Razr Maxx after ICS

Toyotaguy82

Reaction score
Before I updated to ICS I didn't have any issues with the phone. After i did the update my service quality went down the tubes. I drop calls, can't stream Netflix at home. I went from full signal to 2 maybe 3 bars. Been dealing with vzw tech support and level 3 at Motorola for a month. With no help other than 3 replacements and they all have the same issue. I escalated it to corporate office at Motorola and that didnt even help. They told me to wait 2-3 months for an update. They threw the blame back to vzw. They offered me a nexus and a rezound. Neither one have close to the battery life my maxx has. The only one that cones close is the S 3. Any ideas or anyone else have the same issue? What about a replacement phone? Moto corporate told me the bionic and droid 4 will get ICS. Does the new maxx and RAZR have the issue brand new?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
The signal fluctuation your describing is common for some people... I had it a lot until I jumped up to 215.. but I still get it.. just not as much..

If I were you, i'd hold out... you might try powering off your device, removing the sim, power on... then power off, replace the sim, power on.. it might help .

But as far as taking one of the other devices... that's up to you. I only use moto devices... so I can be of no use for advice :)

OP
T

Toyotaguy82

Reaction score
The sim card has been replaced twice and the phone three times and each one master reset three times. I can have signal and it will drop out on 4G setting but i am in a 3G area and be a mile away from a tower and the signal drops out and the phone sends me a message telling me to switch to global for service. A coworker of mine has a droid 4 stock on GB and has full service and i have two bars within a mile from the tower.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
As I said l, the drops are common for some.. I have them too. Hopefully you'll have better luck with your next pic :)