playing catch up

blue

Reaction score
I was in my jeep the other day when I heard a ad for some song and a itagging...That got me thinking. Now before the fanboy name calling starts, this is not a comparison to iPhone. I have never owned one, nor shall I ever. I think for the android based phone to compete more with the whole iphone market, I think we need to develop our own brand of iTagging, our own brand of iPhone docks, and our own version of iTagging. I understand that the iPhone has been out for a long time and has had the media market to back it up. Heres the thing. There are way more versions of android based phones that there will be of iPhones. I know that there are a lot of variations of the phones, but its nothing adapters cant fix for the docks. as for the itagging, and the itunes apps, its nothing a dev cant handle. I am not a Dev, nor am I a manufacturer, but Im sure some of us can find a friend of a friend who knows this guy that lives down the street to help out our cause...

voodoodaddy

Reaction score
I dont even know what you are talking about when you say "itagging." Part of the problem with the Android is that so many devices that run the OS will fragment the market for products. With the iPhone every manufacturer develops for the same spec and doesnt have to worry about a half dozen different shapes and sizes.

OP
B

blue

Reaction score
I dont even know what you are talking about when you say "itagging." Part of the problem with the Android is that so many devices that run the OS will fragment the market for products. With the iPhone every manufacturer develops for the same spec and doesnt have to worry about a half dozen different shapes and sizes.

I understand the different shape and size. I had won a Logitech iPod/mp3 set of powered speakers a few years back. It has a adjustable back to accommodate different thickness, and it also has adapters for the different types of ipods. I am saying that because of the different shapes does not mean it should hinder the development of these products. If the manufacturer's state they can't do it because of this. I call BS.