Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL 3D Renders Video Surfaces!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Onleaks is at it again with new 3D renders of the Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL. His renders in the past have been spot on accurate. They are based on factory CADS. These CADS are like blueprints that allow accessory makers to produce accessories ahead of a devices launch. Along with the new renders Onleaks has provided detailed dimensions. The dimensions provided are labeled as "roughly". The Pixel 2 will be145.3x69.3x7.8mm with 8.2mm camera bump, and the Pixel 2 XL will be 157.6x76.3x7.9mm with an 8.6mm camera bump.

The renders do show the minimized glass on the back, as well as a protruding camera. Interestingly enough we also see dual front facing speakers. Earlier reports suggested we wouldn't see dual front speakers. This will definitely be a welcomed change. However the renders also lack a headphone jack which would be a bit disappointing. Would you be able to get along without a headphone jack as long as the phone includes the dual front facing speakers? I'm not sure why it always has to be a give an take with OEMs. Why can't we just have both features? It is still pretty early so you can take these renders with a grain of salt.

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'd take front facing speakers over a headphone jack. Obviously I'd like both, but if I had to choose, it would be the speakers. I haven't used the jack in a year or so.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Icculus760

Reaction score
I'd take dual front facing speakers AND waterPROOFING over a headphone jack (course I'd also take a removable battery and SD card slot, but I know better than to expect that)

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'd take some ribs, brisket and a Mtn. Dew from Franklin BBQ. When I'm eating that, I don't even remember that I have a phone. I think the specs look nice, but I do like the idea of waterproofing though. Sometimes I spill my Dew when I'm reaching for more ribs.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Cases... It's time for cases.
9b88896b454e4d5ec6e239506cdb5b69.jpg

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
@pc747 don't go getting me excited now.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
cases, cases, and more cases, but no phone :)
True, plus even if you bought those cases they won't be available for shipment for a couple of months.

I tend to go tpu case. Slips on real quick when I'm wanting a little more protection, and off when I'm some place I'm not concerned about dropping it.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
True, plus even if you bought those cases they won't be available for shipment for a couple of months.

I tend to go tpu case. Slips on real quick when I'm wanting a little more protection, and off when I'm some place I'm not concerned about dropping it.

I would wait to get the case until just before the phone is shipped. never know if a better one will appear on the market prior to phone release :)

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I would wait to get the case until just before the phone is shipped. never know if a better one will appear on the market prior to phone release :)
Agree

Plus by then the market gets a little saturated forcing some of the prices down. Plus unless it's an OtterBox I'm likely not planning on sending more than $10-$15.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Agree

Plus by then the market gets a little saturated forcing some of the prices down. Plus unless it's an OtterBox I'm likely not planning on sending more than $10-$15.

Funny how I typed that and all the cases posted on here are under $10.