Pittsburgh Penguins Radio

taz1458

Reaction score
Does anyone know of an APP that has the Penguins Hockey Games? The two main ones are 105.9 The X and 105.9 HD2 out of Pittsburgh, PA. Yes I know iHeartRadio has it but that is close to the biggest pile of monkey crap for an app, I have ever seen.

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Does anyone know of an APP that has the Penguins Hockey Games? The two main ones are 105.9 The X and 105.9 HD2 out of Pittsburgh, PA. Yes I know iHeartRadio has it but that is close to the biggest pile of monkey crap for an app, I have ever seen.
Im using Flycast for the Sabres games. I browsed through the channel list , and didnt see anything, but you can look if you want.

FlyCast

Its buggy, it likes to replay a segment every so often, but its still in beta, and Im not paying for my XM subscription any more, so I just deal with it.

Gkope

Reaction score

Not sure what your issue with iHeartRadio is. I am using it to listen to Double M on 105.9 The X right now.

MJ5150

Reaction score
iheartradio works fine for me way over here on the left coast for listening to Pens games. Although I watch them mostly on Center Ice.

-Mike

OP
taz1458

taz1458

Reaction score
105.9 WXDX works but the Actual Penguins Radio does not.

ctxx24

Reaction score
How about montreal just beats the pens and that sore looser crosby...:icon_evil:
Then you wont need one

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Not sure what your issue with iHeartRadio is. I am using it to listen to Double M on 105.9 The X right now.
Why would you waste your time listening to that windbag. :) Sorry, just not a big fan of Madden.

The only way I can catch Penguins games here in eastern PA is on FSN Pittsburgh on my DirecTV, Versus, NBC or if I'm driving iHeartradio - which I have no problems with in most cases. If the signal is not strong then it does tend to have some issues. However there's no other way to catch the games.

As I type this, we just moved up to 3-2 series lead :icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
RadioTime is $3-5 on the market, and does indeed provide 105.9. If iHeartRadio will do it for you, then stick with that, but I've found that RadioTime always works, always works better than iHeartRadio, and also provides many more radio choices.

theecigarman

Reaction score
Have any of you tried the streamcenter.com? I just tapped my state and I can play most stations through the built in music player.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
taz1458

taz1458

Reaction score
How about montreal just beats the pens and that sore looser crosby...:icon_evil:
Then you wont need one

Where did the worthless Habs go? Thats right after Game 6 they will be staying at home!

OP
taz1458

taz1458

Reaction score
RadioTime is $3-5 on the market, and does indeed provide 105.9. If iHeartRadio will do it for you, then stick with that, but I've found that RadioTime always works, always works better than iHeartRadio, and also provides many more radio choices.

I found both 105.9 and 105.9 HD2 but it said they were both Not Supportede or something like that. Like I couldnt select them to play. Any ideas?

big al

Reaction score
Then you wont need one

YOUR WINGS ARE GOING ALRIGHT...GOIN HOME!! dancedroid
LETS GO PENS!!

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score

I found both 105.9 and 105.9 HD2 but it said they were both Not Supportede or something like that. Like I couldnt select them to play. Any ideas?

My bad, I checked on their website and assumed it would be playable on the phone. I'm having the same problem on my end....

OP
taz1458

taz1458

Reaction score
Ya it sucks, cause HD2 doesnt work on iHeartRadio at all, 105.9 The X does just not the HD2 side of it.