Picture contacts disappeared

SallyC

Reaction score
Btw, I looked on my pc at my contacts in gmail and the ones that are in my Favorite Contacts app have a label of Starred in Android. So that might be another way to mark them.

I didn't mark them there but opened them up in the Contact app and clicked the star. That seems to have worked for me.

raydeeo

Reaction score
Fix for losing contact pics on desktop

Huh? I am a "newbie"...and am seeing the same thing. I dutifully set up all my favorites, then whenever I turn the phone off, and back on, they go away. What do all these "answers" here mean? That is, I have not a clue as to what the "favorite conact" widget has to do with "stock launcher"...so far, in various threads, I am seeing "only" issues, not resolution. So how exactly does one keep Favorite Contacts from disappearing. Note: in working with Verizon/Droid help, got the obligatory "let's try a reset, sorry you will have to redo everything...", which to me says they don't have a clue, and are trying to "get rid of me"...am off to the store today to see if they want their phone back as using the Favorites is one of the biggest things I would do if it worked...

This has happened to me twice in the past three weeks and for no reason that I can think of. The fix, if you had pics on the desktop, should be.....find a blank space on the desktop, hold down your finger on the blank space until the "add to Home screen" notice appears, chose "Widgets", page down to "Quick Widgets" and touch. The pics you had on the screen should magically reappear on your desktop. I hope this works for you....it did for me.

ebertsj

Reaction score
This has happened to me twice in the past three weeks and for no reason that I can think of. The fix, if you had pics on the desktop, should be.....find a blank space on the desktop, hold down your finger on the blank space until the "add to Home screen" notice appears, chose "Widgets", page down to "Quick Widgets" and touch. The pics you had on the screen should magically reappear on your desktop. I hope this works for you....it did for me.

I think I resolved this...and it relates to pretty much everything else in techno-land...that is, until I loaded my GOOGLE account with my contacts (vs. synching with my Outlook work account), they simply would FULL get droppe, and would have to go back in choose them all over again after fully turning the phone off. Now, since "adding" one more thing to worry (I use Hotmail for my e-mauil, and NOT going to change this over, so now have 3 places to tyr to keep in synch) about...i.e., synching with Google account, all is "good"...

Websquad

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 6 +
I'm Lost: Home Screen Contacts Lost

My four home screen frequent icons disappeared. These contacts are still in my Contact App, but the shortcuts have disappeared from the home screen. I tried power off/on, but that didn't restore them (I thought it would).

How do I restore these?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
My four home screen frequent icons disappeared. These contacts are still in my Contact App, but the shortcuts have disappeared from the home screen. I tried power off/on, but that didn't restore them (I thought it would).

How do I restore these?

Are you meaning the icons at the bottom of your home screen???

Are you stock or rooted?

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

lovemyram4x4

Reaction score
Are you talking about the dock row?

Anyway, you should be able to add them again, unless you're using golauncher which seems to have lost the ability to re-add them(I found out the hard trying to switch one from row 1 & 2, lucky I had backup).

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forum Runner

Konadog

Reaction score

I couldn't find "Quick Widgets" but did find "Favorite Contacts", and then they magically appeared on my desktop!

Thanks!

Websquad

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 6 +
Are you meaning the icons at the bottom of your home screen??? Are you stock or rooted?
No, the four contact shortcut icons at the top of the main (center) home screen (there are five home screens on my Droid 4; these appear only on the center screen). My device is stock, not rooted. I have no plans to root it.

lovemyram4x4

Reaction score
That's the favorite contacts widget, it only works on stock launcher. If you're on tuw stock launcher it can just he added by long press->widget->favorite contacts.

BTW, it has more than 4 contacts, if you swipe down it will have several more rows.

Websquad

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 6 +
Didn't Work ...

Here are the steps I took on my Droid 4 ... didn't work:

1. Went to home screen
  2. Pressed "Contact Us" icon
  3. Pressed and held a contract entry I wanted to be a "favorite"
  4. Screen poped up
  5. One menu item was "Remove from favorites"
So I checked the home screen: no Favorite Contact icon at the top.

Next Step?

lovemyram4x4

Reaction score
Websquad said:
Here are the steps I took on my Droid 4 ... didn't work:

[*]Went to home screen
[*]Pressed "Contact Us" icon
[*]Pressed and held a contract entry I wanted to be a "favorite"
[*]Screen poped up
[*]One menu item was "Remove from favorites"

So I checked the home screen: no Favorite Contact icon at the top.

Next Step?

You need long press on a blank spot on the home screens, then add favorite contacts widget. Once the widget is on the home screen IIRC it will populate with any contacts that are set as favorites. You can then add my by fitting + box or from contacts. You can also drag contacts from inside widget to change order.

Websquad

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 6 +
At last !!

That did it. Familiar contact icons restored. Thanks for your help!

bob
<><

Websquad

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 6 +
Worked for me too. Had the problem fixed, then 4-5 weeks later, the Favorite contact icons disappeared. Tried a bunch of things: raydeeo's solution worked. Thanks!
:biggrin:

gullicksonm

Reaction score
I hate being new at this...

Ok. So, I'm having the same problem, where my favorite widgit thing has disappeared. The first time this happened, it somehow moved to one of my other home screens. This time, it's just gone. I tried to long press on a blank spot on my home screen, but it only brings up a screen asking me to change my wallpaper. Any advice? I use that all the time, and hate that it's not there. My favorites still exist, it's just the list on my home page is gone... :( Ever since we switched over to ICS, I've been having issues.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Gullicksonm, they changed how to add widgets on ICS. Go to your app drawer, art the top, click on widgets. When you found your widget, hold and press and it will add it to your homescreen.

Puzzling why it disappeared but that will put it back.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums