Picture contacts disappeared

Ansa82

Reaction score
This has to be so simple but I'm not figuring it out. The Motorola picture contacts disappeared off my phone. I shut down and started it back up... Nope, still gone. I dont even know exactly what its called..... Is it a widget??

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
Ansa82

Ansa82

Reaction score
Duh..i figured it out.

OP
Ansa82

Ansa82

Reaction score
What happened and what was the fix?

thx

Not sure how it disappeared, but phone was on in my purse, when I took it out my favorite contacts on the home page were gone. I figured it was a widget.

ebertsj

Reaction score
It's the favorite contact widget. Only works with stock launcher.

Huh? I am a "newbie"...and am seeing the same thing. I dutifully set up all my favorites, then whenever I turn the phone off, and back on, they go away. What do all these "answers" here mean? That is, I have not a clue as to what the "favorite conact" widget has to do with "stock launcher"...so far, in various threads, I am seeing "only" issues, not resolution. So how exactly does one keep Favorite Contacts from disappearing. Note: in working with Verizon/Droid help, got the obligatory "let's try a reset, sorry you will have to redo everything...", which to me says they don't have a clue, and are trying to "get rid of me"...am off to the store today to see if they want their phone back as using the Favorites is one of the biggest things I would do if it worked...

SallyC

Reaction score
Huh? I am a "newbie"...and am seeing the same thing. I dutifully set up all my favorites, then whenever I turn the phone off, and back on, they go away. What do all these "answers" here mean? That is, I have not a clue as to what the "favorite conact" widget has to do with "stock launcher"...so far, in various threads, I am seeing "only" issues, not resolution. So how exactly does one keep Favorite Contacts from disappearing. Note: in working with Verizon/Droid help, got the obligatory "let's try a reset, sorry you will have to redo everything...", which to me says they don't have a clue, and are trying to "get rid of me"...am off to the store today to see if they want their phone back as using the Favorites is one of the biggest things I would do if it worked...

No problem - I'm pretty new myself. This is my first Droid as well.

The term launcher sort of like a desktop on your home pc. It's the program that contains, organizes, launches your apps. If you haven't purposefully gone and downloaded another (like Go Launcher or Launcher Pro), don't worry about it - you are running the stock one.

If you're new to this then let's be sure that you're not dragging the widget up to the trash can on top of the home screen. That would make it disappear. When you go to open it, be sure you only drag it downward to open it and aren't moving it. By default, it's right up at the top of the screen by the trash can so it'd be easy to remove it without realizing it.

If it's the contacts that are disappearing from it, then open up the Contacts app, click on the Favorites tab. Under Favorites, are you seeing anyone? If not, scroll down to whom you want to add, select them and then select the star in the upper right corner.

Also, since you're new, you might want to bookmark the Android Manual. Android is the OS on the phone, like Windows on a pc. It can be a good source of a lot info. Many things you might think of as being your phone, and therefore Verizon or Motorola's issues, are really Android and learning your way around it can be very helpful.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
...you might want to bookmark the Android Manual. Android is the OS on the phone, like Windows on a pc. It can be a good source of a lot info. Many things you might think of as being your phone, and therefore Verizon or Motorola's issues, are really Android and learning your way around it can be very helpful.

Once again, I learned something new from SallyC! What a great resource that I didn't even know existed! Way to go Sally Star!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

lowvolt

Reaction score
Just a thought. Is it possible that you are adding the widget to a home screen that is not the home screen.
Ie: you should have several home screens. Have you scrolled through them all? I don't know. Like I said
Just a thought.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Just a thought. Is it possible that you are adding the widget to a home screen that is not the home screen.
Ie: you should have several home screens. Have you scrolled through them all? I don't know. Like I said
Just a thought.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

I thought that too...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I have also learned quite a few things from "Sally Star"...thank you! I've had Android for years now and been on this forum for many as well and learn so much. It pays to have a newbie on board...those that ask the questions and those that have great answers and resources! Thanks again Sally and to the OP who asked the original question.

SallyC

Reaction score
I have also learned quite a few things from "Sally Star"...thank you! I've had Android for years now and been on this forum for many as well and learn so much. It pays to have a newbie on board...those that ask the questions and those that have great answers and resources! Thanks again Sally and to the OP who asked the original question.

Aww, thank you. What a nice way to start my day.:i-m_so_happy:

ebertsj

Reaction score
Disappeating favorite contacts

Sally, thank you so much...but I fear I was not precise enough. It is not the actual widget that is disappearing, just the 10-12 contacts I had diligently added using what you described...that is, going to Contacts and hitting the green star for each.

So, however, just to follow your logic, I did go back and look at my favorites in contacts, and lo and behold, 2 things: 1) I only had one shown though when I last did this, I had 10, AND, even this on is not showing up in the widget...

I will say I have seen this issue raised before in various places, and have NOT seen a "fix" mentioned...

One last thought...is it possible the favorite contacts really wants to "use" the Google contacts, or needs to be set to this? I was unpleasanrtly surprised, and helped by this forum, to find that voice commands for text, e-mail, call only work off of Google Contacts...

SallyC

Reaction score
One last thought...is it possible the favorite contacts really wants to "use" the Google contacts, or needs to be set to this? I was unpleasanrtly surprised, and helped by this forum, to find that voice commands for text, e-mail, call only work off of Google Contacts...

Yes, it is quite possible. That's why I suggested opening the Contact app and going to the Favorite tab.

I've had flaky things happen using the setup in the widget too.

Try setting things up that way and see if it "sticks. "