Phone Upgrades

wioneo

Reaction score
Assuming I bought a Droid 2 around Christmas, how long would it be before I could updgrade to the upcoming Droid 3? and do you have any guesses on the cost of doing that? This is only my second phone and the first was with a different carrier, so I have never done an upgrade before.

Also, any guesses on whether the Droid 3 or Gingerbread on the Droid 2 will be officially released first? My money is on the former.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
it depends on whether you had a one year contract or a two year contract. so officially either christmas '11 or christmas '12 but they may let you upgrade a little early. not sure about the price of the d3 but probably 150-200 dollars.

Lenagainster

Reaction score
.... I bought a Droid 2 around Christmas, how long would it be before I could upgrade .....
If you set up your "My Verizon" account online, you could see exactly what day you are eligible for an upgrade. Most likely you had a two year contract which would make you eligible to upgrade 20 months from the starting date of the contract. Dec 2010 start would make you eligible August 2012 on a two year contract. If you did the one year, it's ten months and you would be eligible to upgrade October 2011.

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Just to be sure here, you do realize the D2 is only avaliable used? If your buying from VZW your going to be getting the D2G.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure he/she's saying they already bought a droid 2 around Christmas '10

tappin and a talkin