1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Phone on a not payed account list what can i do ? HELP!! :(

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by tootsookay, May 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tootsookay

tootsookay New Member

i bought this phone from a guy on march 1st Droid.. and i went to reactivate it on may 27 cause i de activated it that same day i used the old phone i had because i needed to get something off of it and when i tryed to re-activate it verizon say it was put on this list because whoever owned it before didnt pay there bills so the phones locked what can i do to get it to work.. i have insurance.. also please help..
  2. titans

titans Premium Member Premium Member

I'm pretty sure what the explained to you is pretty much what it is. My interpretation is that:
    -The guy you bought it from didn't pay the bills
    -Therefore Verizon blacklisted it's ESN.
    -What you probably didn't tell them was that you aren't the original owner...give them identification
    -You need to check with your insurance company to see if they cover it, but I highly doubt they cover blacklisted phones.
  3. tootsookay

tootsookay New Member

ty ya they do know it wasnt mine.. i called the insurance they said there gonna give me another one for 89 but i didnt tell them it wasnt mine orig..
  4. titans

Yeah....next time you buy a phone call Verizon to make sure nothings wrong with the account
  5. tootsookay

tootsookay New Member

i did that i called on march 1st ive been using it for almost 3 months with no issues now all of a sudden the ohone wont let me reactivate it because yesterday morning i had to use my old one so it wouldnt let me use it again..
  6. titans

Sorry but can you slow down and explain in more detail and possibly with punctuation and grammar lol....do you called Verizon, they said it was okay, you transfered the phone, then they shut off your service?
  7. tootsookay

tootsookay New Member

ok i re-activated my old phone, a blackberry tour yesterday, because i needed to get something off of it. when i was ready to go back to the Droid it wouldnt let them activate it because it was stating that it was put on a list for accounts that wern't payed but that wasn't my account. So whoever sold me it lied and said it was new when really it was used before and never payed the bill and not the phone is on some list ! idk what to do..
  8. titans

Alright so the phone was transfered to your account, correct? Ask them how much the bill is...unless its more than $89. But be aware that phgones from insurance are refurbs
  9. tootsookay

tootsookay New Member

they cant tell me its not my account man whoever used the phone before me didnt pay there bills and the account got cancelled so because the droid i have used to be on there account it blocked it..and a refurb is better than no PHONE!
  10. titans

When you sign up for service, the buyer must give them their name and s tuff...the infos gotta be in verizon's servers.
  11. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

True, Something sounds wrong about this.
  12. tootsookay

tootsookay New Member

ur still not understanding! i bought it off some guy off craigslist..so he said it was never used he lied and it was so he didnt pay the bill for HIS account and because the phone i bought from him was on his account before it locked it so now i cant use it and its on a list from verizon..
  13. bje1982

bje1982 New Member

I work for big red and can make this easy.. Your pretty much beat man sorry to break it to you.. Unless the guy decides to pay his bill you have a paperwieght:(
  14. tootsookay

tootsookay New Member

i called Asurion and they sent me a new one today i should be getting it tomorrow.! i got lucky i guess i just told them it was stolen from me. and they Authorized it WOOTWOOT
  15. bje1982

bje1982 New Member

good luck man if the phone was never on your account how could you claim you ever even owned it to get a replacement? just be careful man theyll eat you for breakfast if they put 2 and 2 together..
  16. bje1982

bje1982 New Member

PM me next time Ill look it up right here at work for anyone..

sorry for the double post..

Edit: And what I mean of course is I can run the phone through the database to verify for you before you buy the phone that its not on the lost stolen or non payment list.. I will not look up anyones account sorry if anyone was confused.
    Last edited: May 30, 2010
  17. Jim 777

Jim 777 Active Member

Good luck. You're braver that I for buying a used phone.

BTW, that's one helluva run-on sentence :D
  18. tootsookay

tootsookay New Member

it was on my account i've been using it since march.. i said that the first time..
  19. drewlamo1

drewlamo1 New Member

if when you originally bought the phone from this guy you were able to activate it?

doesnt make sense that when you switched to the blackberry then back to the droid you are now perma blocked from it.

didnt once you put the phone on your line you took over the esn number and what not?

my wife at one point switched from the blackberry to the rogue, then i went to vzw store and switched to blackberry but the esn was locked.

the store rep made a quick call and unlocked it for me.

something aint right with the situation, i mean if you got insurance on the phone then at some point it was on your account so therefore its your phone

I would call verizon and talk to someone lol or go to a store near you and just explain that the phone was on your account and now you want to put it back on. just make sure they know that the phone WAS on your account and working and you just want to switch it back.

weird... good luck
  20. brochaos

brochaos New Member

thats exactly what i was thinking. he didn't explain it very clearly, but the droid was working on his LEGIT account for 3 months. then he reactivated his tour, and then reactivated his droid a second time. i would assume that when you activated it the first time, VZW transferred the ESN to your legit account instead of leaving it on the sellers PAST DUE account.

although if we can't understand what he's saying, i doubt the reps at vzw would be able to either...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
buying a phone from someone who has not paid there bill can i still use the phone
can i activate a sprint phone if its under someone elses acc
can verizon lock my galaxy s4 for not paying the bill
can you but and activate a phone that wasn't payed off
didn't pay bill will verizon lock my phone
does verizon lock phones lien for non payment
how do i activate a sprint coucy note to that has an unpaid bills
how to activate a phone with an unpaid bill
non pay list on verizon
phone lock pay treasury account phone number
unpaid bill phone blocked
unpaid verizon bill cause phone to be blocked
verizon locked my iphone because i didn't pay my bill how do