Phone on a not payed account list what can i do ? HELP!! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

tootsookay

Reaction score
i bought this phone from a guy on march 1st Droid.. and i went to reactivate it on may 27 cause i de activated it that same day i used the old phone i had because i needed to get something off of it and when i tryed to re-activate it verizon say it was put on this list because whoever owned it before didnt pay there bills so the phones locked what can i do to get it to work.. i have insurance.. also please help..

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure what the explained to you is pretty much what it is. My interpretation is that:
-The guy you bought it from didn't pay the bills
-Therefore Verizon blacklisted it's ESN.
-What you probably didn't tell them was that you aren't the original owner...give them identification
-You need to check with your insurance company to see if they cover it, but I highly doubt they cover blacklisted phones.

OP
T

tootsookay

Reaction score
ty ya they do know it wasnt mine.. i called the insurance they said there gonna give me another one for 89 but i didnt tell them it wasnt mine orig..

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yeah....next time you buy a phone call Verizon to make sure nothings wrong with the account

OP
T

tootsookay

Reaction score
i did that i called on march 1st ive been using it for almost 3 months with no issues now all of a sudden the ohone wont let me reactivate it because yesterday morning i had to use my old one so it wouldnt let me use it again..

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Sorry but can you slow down and explain in more detail and possibly with punctuation and grammar lol....do you called Verizon, they said it was okay, you transfered the phone, then they shut off your service?

OP
T

tootsookay

Reaction score
ok i re-activated my old phone, a blackberry tour yesterday, because i needed to get something off of it. when i was ready to go back to the Droid it wouldnt let them activate it because it was stating that it was put on a list for accounts that wern't payed but that wasn't my account. So whoever sold me it lied and said it was new when really it was used before and never payed the bill and not the phone is on some list ! idk what to do..

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Alright so the phone was transfered to your account, correct? Ask them how much the bill is...unless its more than $89. But be aware that phgones from insurance are refurbs

OP
T

tootsookay

Reaction score
they cant tell me its not my account man whoever used the phone before me didnt pay there bills and the account got cancelled so because the droid i have used to be on there account it blocked it..and a refurb is better than no PHONE!

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
When you sign up for service, the buyer must give them their name and s tuff...the infos gotta be in verizon's servers.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
When you sign up for service, the buyer must give them their name and s tuff...the infos gotta be in verizon's servers.

True, Something sounds wrong about this.

OP
T

tootsookay

Reaction score
ur still not understanding! i bought it off some guy off craigslist..so he said it was never used he lied and it was so he didnt pay the bill for HIS account and because the phone i bought from him was on his account before it locked it so now i cant use it and its on a list from verizon..

bje1982

Reaction score
i bought this phone from a guy on march 1st Droid.. and i went to reactivate it on may 27 cause i de activated it that same day i used the old phone i had because i needed to get something off of it and when i tryed to re-activate it verizon say it was put on this list because whoever owned it before didnt pay there bills so the phones locked what can i do to get it to work.. i have insurance.. also please help..

I work for big red and can make this easy.. Your pretty much beat man sorry to break it to you.. Unless the guy decides to pay his bill you have a paperwieght:(

OP
T

tootsookay

Reaction score
i called Asurion and they sent me a new one today i should be getting it tomorrow.! i got lucky i guess i just told them it was stolen from me. and they Authorized it WOOTWOOT

bje1982

Reaction score
i called Asurion and they sent me a new one today i should be getting it tomorrow.! i got lucky i guess i just told them it was stolen from me. and they Authorized it WOOTWOOT

good luck man if the phone was never on your account how could you claim you ever even owned it to get a replacement? just be careful man theyll eat you for breakfast if they put 2 and 2 together..

Status
Not open for further replies.