Activating an Ally

B3B3

Reaction score
So I bought an Ally off craigslist (stupid, i know), but I called verizon to check the ESN and they said it was clean and I wouldn't have a problem activating it; so i bought it. Now that I have it and tried to activate it, i can't they're telling me now it's active on someone else's account. =( They also said it looks like they haven't been paying their bill. So my questions are can I trace who the phone might belong to because I know Verizon can't share that information and Does Verizon terminate phones after a certian amout of time. I'd really feel bad about reselling this phone, because then others would get screwed like I did, but I need my money back, lol. Please help.:icon_eek:

vzwtek

Reaction score
you can tell customer service what happened and who you bought it from and they may feel sorry enough to either help you activate it, or if there is a way you could get a discounted Certified pre owned one, and sell that one on ebay for parts, that way you could recoup some of the costs.

305rev305

Reaction score
I sold my X on eBay and the person had to wait for my billing cycle to end. I didn't know that Verizon does it that way...

OP
B

B3B3

Reaction score
Yeah i can get a CPO for free, but i wasn't gonna do that til i knew for sure there is no possible way to use this one. oh well **** happens i guess. maybe i'll wait and see if i can activate in another week then i'll probably end up selling it for parts. anyone know how much they go for as a parts piece?