Activating an Ally

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by B3B3, Mar 26, 2011.

1. B3B3

B3B3 New Member

So I bought an Ally off craigslist (stupid, i know), but I called verizon to check the ESN and they said it was clean and I wouldn't have a problem activating it; so i bought it. Now that I have it and tried to activate it, i can't they're telling me now it's active on someone else's account. =( They also said it looks like they haven't been paying their bill. So my questions are can I trace who the phone might belong to because I know Verizon can't share that information and Does Verizon terminate phones after a certian amout of time. I'd really feel bad about reselling this phone, because then others would get screwed like I did, but I need my money back, lol. Please help.:icon_eek:
  2. vzwtek

vzwtek New Member

you can tell customer service what happened and who you bought it from and they may feel sorry enough to either help you activate it, or if there is a way you could get a discounted Certified pre owned one, and sell that one on ebay for parts, that way you could recoup some of the costs.
  3. garrett

garrett Active Member Theme Developer Developer

verizon WILL NOT activate that phone until the previous customer clears the outstanding bill on it.
  4. 305rev305

305rev305 New Member

I sold my X on eBay and the person had to wait for my billing cycle to end. I didn't know that Verizon does it that way...
  5. B3B3

B3B3 New Member

Yeah i can get a CPO for free, but i wasn't gonna do that til i knew for sure there is no possible way to use this one. oh well **** happens i guess. maybe i'll wait and see if i can activate in another week then i'll probably end up selling it for parts. anyone know how much they go for as a parts piece?
Search tags for this page
activate droid ally
activate pre owned verizon ally
esn location on lg ally
how do i get the esn number on my lg ally
how do you know if your lg ally has a clean esn

how to activate lg ally

how to get esn number lg ally
lg ally clear esn
program to unlock esn on lg ally
verizon lg ally activation

where is the esn number on lg ally