Phone lost, Wave Secure no help.

erasmussen14

Reaction score
A cab ate my phone last night.

I have WaveSecure, and backed up my contacts, files and such with it. Only to forget my password and have the WaveSecure website not recognize my phone #.

Bought to go get a new phone. Hopefully I didn't need WaveSecure to get my contacts. I'm hoping their all saved to my google account. More upset at losing the sd card, gonna be a pain re-loading everything to the new one.

E

vegainey

Reaction score

I have WaveSecure, and backed up my contacts, files and such with it. Only to forget my password and have the WaveSecure website not recognize my phone #.

Bought to go get a new phone. Hopefully I didn't need WaveSecure to get my contacts. I'm hoping their all saved to my google account. More upset at losing the sd card, gonna be a pain re-loading everything to the new one.

E

When logging into Wavesecure, did you remember to use the full country code, area code with your number?

(1-xxx-xxx-xxxx)

iPirate

Reaction score

E
Unless you did something weird the contacts should be saved with your google account. You can check by going to gmail.com and looking at the contacts.

Sry about your loss!

pudah

Reaction score

E

It is because of this I am going to make an image of my SD card tonight... then I have that backed up, apps/bookmarks/etc backed up on the SD card itself and the google cloud for everything else will be sufficient for me. It's not as up-to-date as a program backing up online all the time, but uses less resources and doesn't have issues like this. I keep a program on the phone for tracking/locking if lost/stolen, but I keep the backing up a personal thing.

cheewee

Reaction score

E

Hi erasmussen14,
Were you able to log in to the WaveSecure site? If you are having trouble, please send me a private message so we can assist you.

Thanks,
cheewee
Team WaveSecure
www.wavesecure.com

rod

Reaction score
Hi erasmussen14,
Were you able to log in to the WaveSecure site? If you are having trouble, please send me a private message so we can assist you.

Thanks,
cheewee
Team WaveSecure
www.wavesecure.com

this is why this forum is one of the best ive ever been on. if cheewee helps the op figure out what going on, hes going to have to change the title of this thread to "Phone lost, Wave Secure Saved My Hiney"

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

E

Hi erasmussen14,

Thanks,
cheewee
Team WaveSecure
www.wavesecure.com

That's awesome of you, cheewee!

Reaction score
I agree, it's very cool to see the developers on forums trying to help. I think it was a little rude of the OP to have a bad thread title when the fact is you forgot your password. It's kinda like me blaming Honda for me losing my keys.

ShowTime

Reaction score
Let's not bash the OP too much. I will admit I'd be more than a bit pissed at the world and possibly lashing out if I lost my phone, even through my own doing. Let's just hope cheewee can help him out.

cheewee

Reaction score
Hi erasmussen14,
Your PIN comprises of 6 digits. If you can't remember, you can use the Forgot PIN feature on the site to retrieve your password.

PS: All, I am not a developer but I am from the business team. :)

Thanks,
cheewee
Team WaveSecure
www.wavesecure.com

JohnnyDepth

Reaction score

E

Your title is VERY misleading...
Wavesecure works.
If you can't remember your passwords...what can you expect?

droidilac

Reaction score
Well?????

Whats the update? Phone recovered? bought a new one instead?