Phone is acing very weird

RoyalDroid

Reaction score
I left my phone on charge through the night and I woke up and checked my phone and it was very hot. Upon further investigation nothing is working, I cant send text messages, cant make phone calls but can receive calls, the phone is very sluggish its just plain acting weird and has me freaked out :icon_ cry:

OP
R

RoyalDroid

Reaction score
Oh and the battery will only last for about 2 hours

avenged61973

Reaction score
I left my phone on charge through the night and I woke up and checked my phone and it was very hot. Upon further investigation nothing is working, I cant send text messages, cant make phone calls but can receive calls, the phone is very sluggish its just plain acting weird and has me freaked out :icon_ cry:

Are you using the factory charger? Using a different charger might make your phone act funny. A factory reset might help too.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
R

RoyalDroid

Reaction score
Yes ive tried re-booting my phone and im using the factory charger and ive tried a factory reset but it just wont let me go through the whole factory reset

avenged61973

Reaction score
Yes ive tried re-booting my phone and im using the factory charger and ive tried a factory reset but it just wont let me go through the whole factory reset

What is it doing when you try a factory reset?

avenged61973

Reaction score
Have you downloaded any apps recently that might have caused it to act up?

OP
R

RoyalDroid

Reaction score
When i do a factory reset it will it will go to its second stage where it says its erasing but it never does ive done this 3 or 4 times and the last app i downloaded was an app called doodle text but when the phone started acted up i got rid of a lot of apps i had

avenged61973

Reaction score
When i do a factory reset it will it will go to its second stage where it says its erasing but it never does ive done this 3 or 4 times and the last app i downloaded was an app called doodle text but when the phone started acted up i got rid of a lot of apps i had

Are you still on ice cream sandwich? If so you can download droid razr utility 1.82 to your pc and restore your phone back to stock. There are a lot of tutorials on this forum on how to use it. It's really easy to use

avenged61973

Reaction score
By the way. There are 2 ways to factory reset your phone.

1. Go to system settings /privacy/factory reset and select it there.

2. Power off phone / hold both volume up and volume down while holding the power button. You will see a boot menu. Scroll down with volume down to recovery. Select recovery by pressing volume up. You will see a droid laying on its back. A menu will appear. Select factory reset by scrolling down with volume down. Press the power button to select it.

If either of these methods don't work I would download droid razr utility 1.82 to your pc and try that. But you have to be on ice cream sandwich 4.04 to use this.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sounds to me like the CPU is dying. Could be a bad battery which can also fry the CPU. Is it still under warranty? Do you have the insurance?