Weird overnight charging

funken

Reaction score
Plugged my phone in last night to charge and woke up this morning to find battery at 0%, and none of the widgets working properly - the ScreenMode icon disappeared, no time or weather in Beautiful Widgets. After a few minutes they all came back on and the battery went to 100%. I then tried to type a text and no letters came up. I waited a few seconds, then it started working. What the hell is going on? The battery cover is not loose and it is a Blackberry charger.

Between this, static on calls, and missing text messages, this phone is getting kind of annoying,

Last edited:

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Plugged my phone in last night to charge and woke up this morning to find battery at 0%, and none of the widgets working properly - the ScreenMode icon disappeared, no time or weather in Beautiful Widgets. After a few minutes they all came back on and the battery went to 100%. I then tried to type a text and no letters came up. I waited a few seconds, then it started working. What the hell is going on? The battery cover is not loose and it is a Blackberry charger.

Between this, static on calls, and missing text messages, this phone is getting kind of annoying,

Well i would say call verizon on this one, or take it to the store to see what they advise. With what your describing, it is definitely very odd. I would want a new phone asap if that didn't stop.

Silver Member
Reaction score

just curious as to why you're using the BB charger and not the OEM one. you should always use the OEM charger, especially with this phone.

Sp3aK

Reaction score
Well this might seem silly but I woke up to the phone at like 10% battery after it was plugged into the wall with the factory charger all night.

Turns out I hadn't plugged it in properly and it was at a little bit of an angle. Always check the light on the side and that the icon and switched to the charging one.

Past that do what they said and call Verizon and use a factory charger.

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
Well this might seem silly but I woke up to the phone at like 10% battery after it was plugged into the wall with the factory charger all night.

Turns out I hadn't plugged it in properly and it was at a little bit of an angle. Always check the light on the side and that the icon and switched to the charging one.

X2 on this. I've plugged in the charger and it usually goes in crooked - and doens't charge the phone. I have to snap it down so it is -| instead of \| like that. I've gotten used to it though so it never happens anymore.

Silver Member
Reaction score
those little hooks on the micro USBs are going to give lots of people problems. what's weird is my wife's phone doesn't seem to care about the hooks as much as mine do. thats why i like the multimedia dock. goes right in, no clipping required.

Guchi

Reaction score
i belive i have heard someone having this problem or a similar one fixed it by doing a battery pull

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
you should really use the charger that came with the phone instead of your BB charger.

There's been multiple threads on Rogue Droids when different chargers were used on them. Might want to stick to what was given.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
you should really use the charger that came with the phone instead of your BB charger.

There's been multiple threads on Rogue Droids when different chargers were used on them. Might want to stick to what was given.

I use a a different charger for mine, but it's a motorola. It works fine, my car phone charger that isn't the same one you would buy in the store works fine.

Flomaster

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think if your charger is a 5.0v or 5.1v its just fine.
I use 3 different chargers for my droid.
Stock one from Motorola 5.1v @ home
Lg Env3 5.1v @ work
Monoprice 12v car usb 5.0v @ both of my cars

no problems with charging at all nor does my screen go wonky using the monoprice cables or cig USB.

-=Jason=-

OP
F

funken

Reaction score

It wasn't in crooked because when it returned to normal it was at 100%.

I don't use the one that came with the phone because a) it is 2" long and b) I don't believe that only Droid chargers can be used with the Droid.