weird charging experience last night

purplehorseshoe

Reaction score
Have a stock razr maxx. It's not rooted. Have not messed around with it much just standard apps. Powered off my phone and plugged in the stock wall charger. Woke up this morning, got up unplugged my phone. Looked down and saw a weird screen, plain black background with white lettering. Unplugging my phone was the first thing I did upon waking up, so I wasn't exactly thinking clearly. Instead of writing down or taking a photo of the weird screen. It said press the power button to return to normal use and that's what I did. i remember it referenced plugging into a USB and the title at the top of the screen was "flash" something...

The razr was at 40% charge when I turned it on. This may be explained by me not fully plugging in the micro usb or the outlet plug.

I know not a lot to go on but since I'm late to the party hope this has happened to someone else.

Last edited:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
That's odd. Try this, turn off your device and let it charge when you can.

Were you charging from the wall charger??? You mentioned USB. If you were charging from a PC using the USB, then your phone wouldn't really charge well. They don't provide enough juice.

Other than the weird message, hows the device functioning?

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

OP
P

purplehorseshoe

Reaction score
I was using the stock wall charger. The message on the screen mentioned plugging into a usb if I wanted to something something...Kicking myself for not taking a photo of the weird message screen. It's functioning okay. My razr was a little more trouble free absolutely no problems. While I had to force reboot the maxx a couple of times about a week ago. It's been running fine since then.

Right now the phone is powered off and plugged into the wall charger.

Last edited:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Sounds like you may have accidently booted into the Boot Mode Selection Menu (you mentioned "flash" something...).

That can happen if you boot while holding both Volume buttons. It's no big deal, if you do nothing, it will timeout and reboot. Just make sure you don't hit Volume Down to the Factory Data Restore and then hit Volume Up...could be ugly!