Phone function

Elytherial

Reaction score
totally not sure if this is the right place for this question. here goes, though. i have had my droid a lil over a week. something i find frustrating is how the screen goes black during a phone call. this is a problem when i get those automated menu things..."press 1 for english", etc. is there something i can do to keep the screen visible besides continually shaking it?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
totally not sure if this is the right place for this question. here goes, though. i have had my droid a lil over a week. something i find frustrating is how the screen goes black during a phone call. this is a problem when i get those automated menu things..."press 1 for english", etc. is there something i can do to keep the screen visible besides continually shaking it?

the phone has a sensor that turns it off when its covered (ie brought up to your ear) so unless your covering it with ur finger (its close to the top right corner) it should come back on. it does this because its a touch screen and pressing it to your cheek could end the call/press other buttons

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Elytherial you could also put it on speakerphone while you're doing menu stuff. you might need to change the display settings to more than 15 seconds as well.