Screen goes blank after phone call

dshaw13

Reaction score
When I place a call and press send, the screen then goes black and I can't enter any additional numbers ( phone extensions, etc.). I press on the back Icon, the file icon and the screen - nothing. Then once in a while, the screen will show the phone icon and the options at the bottom, but when I go to press the icon for the number dialer or any other icon, it disappears. Best described as a flash and then goes quickly away. This function seems to happen randomly and not because of something I do. Very frustrating! How can I keep the phone call screen active after I dial a numbver?

LT*

Reaction score
Sounds like maybe a proximity sensor issue. It should go blank only after you put the phone to your ear. Go to the Market and DL Sensor Test. Run it and it will give you the readings of all the sensors. The bottom one is your proximity sensor, if it's working right, it will read 3.0 when you put your finger over the top left corner of the screen, and 2.147xxxxxx when you remove your finger. If there is no change in numbers then you have a broken sensor and it needs to be replaced.

drewomaha

Reaction score
My original Motorola Droid died unexpectedly this weekend. I sent in for a new one through Verizon... what I got was a defective refurb with just this problem.

I downloaded the sensor test app and the proximity sensor doesn't change at all. It stays at 3 all the time.

Very dissapointed.