Screen goes blank when I need it.

cosmonaut

Reaction score
When I check voice mail the screen goes blank before I can enter my pass code. Not just this but when I dial a number and need the dial pad to select options it goes blank. Is there a setting that will keep the screen on during the call?

ShowTime

Reaction score
It should only go black when you put it up to your ear. It should wake up to the call screen on its own when you take it away from your ear. If, during a call, the screen stays black even when you pull the phone away from your ear to look at it, something is wrong.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Be sure when you pull it away from your ear, your hand don't cover the top left side of the phone. This is where the sensor that shuts the screen off when it's up to your face is, and I've had issues with turning the screen off on myself.

As for voicemail, you know it's going to ask for the password, so you can either not hold it close to your face until it's time to enter the password, turn on speaker phone after pressing the SEND button to disable the screen timeout until you can enter your password, or edit your voicemail number to contain a pause and then your password [thus entering the password for you when you call from your phone].

Hope that helps a little more!

andrewdoane

Reaction score
I have problems with the screen staying off when I take it away from my face. The lock button does turn it back on, though. Most of the time it's no big deal but every once in a while you miss a number entry or something. Pretty annoying.