Phone bricked from charging?

murd

Reaction score
Today I just woke up to a completely unusable phone.
I left it on the charger last night, today it has no led notification light sayin it's getting charged.
It won't turn on at all, It won't go into hboot.
Droid Incredible
SkyRaider 3.3 Sense S-Off
CWMR 2.5.0.5
stock kernel

There has been absolutely nothing I have changed with the phone's software over the last 15 days. It has been running fine and charging great until this point.
Is there anything I can do? Could it just be a fried battery somehow?

I also have an Energi-to-go micro usb adapter to charge the phone.
Whenever I put that in the phone now, it signals me that it is charging the phone with a green LED, but when I try turning the power on the LED turns off.

jsan2727

Reaction score
Check your battery terminals. You may need to clean them. This hasn't happened on my d1 or my incredible, but have had it happen on other phones.
Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
One good tip for battery contact cleaning- try a pencil eraser. It works wonders.

OP
M

murd

Reaction score
I took out the battery several times but never cleaned the contact areas. I actually took it down to a vwz store, dudeman takes battery out, puts it in. (im thinkin cool he is doin exactly what I did great help) but then he asks me what's skyraider 3.3? I looked at it and was like dope its working. snatched that paperweight back and took off

madroid1

Reaction score
I have found the verizon sales reps don't care if your rooted. From what I have gathered they root themselves. Actually I have gotten some good tips from my local vzw reps. The only warning I have gotten is make sure you unroot before you send it in for warranty work. Then she started to explain how to unroot..lol

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

jsan2727

Reaction score
I would probably get the only tech in the state that was a jerk! These things seem to happen to me... when a buddy of mine got his d1 they had it rooted for him before he even left the store! Lol

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App