Phone doesn't charge, but battery showing 100%

mtb299

Reaction score
I've been using a RAZR for 2 weeks now and after the battery went empty yesterday it won't work anymore.
I charged the phone the whole night and now it doesn't turn on or responds to a soft reset attempt.

When i plug the phone in with the original charger, it shows the normal charging screen going to 100% in an instant. Same with other chargers I tried. While plugged in, the phone can be turned on holding the power button. Sometimes it just goes off while loading, while other times I was able to use it. If I remove the power cord though, the phone turns off instantly.
Connected to my laptop, the phone doesn't turn on but shows a white LED the whole time.
I left the phone charging on the laptop and on the wall several hours, seeing no difference...

I suspect there's something wrong with the battery software. Hope someone can help me on this one. I'd get a replacement today, but unfortunately I'm on a business trip and quite dependent on my cell phone, especially since I have no other with Micro SIM...

Thanks for your help!

Arodnum1

Reaction score
Yikes, I think it might just be malfunctioning battery software, sorry to hear about your situation, but is there no Verizon where you are? You might be able to finagle some deal to get a replacement today since you're on business

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

keepithd2010

Reaction score
If your battery is at 100% you will not see it charging on your battery icon but if you go into settings than battery you will see a check on the battery. Hope this helped you.

keepithd2010

Reaction score
The phone will not turn on until you have at least 15% charge on it. The OS needs that much of a charge to come on it will not boot up just from having the power cable connected. Also if you have been charging it all night and you have a full battery hold down the power button for a minuet or until the power comes back on this is almost the same thing as taking your battery out as you can't take it out in your phone.

cfaber

Reaction score
Try fully rebooting it as well. Down volume and hold down the power button.