Phone battery dies finding signal at work.

graves47

Reaction score
My phones battery dies really fast at work, I think because the signal is really weak inside the building and it is constantly trying to get one. Is there anything I can do to prevent this other than turning it off and on constantly when I'm at work?

No.Division

Reaction score
I had the same problem. Someone in a previous thread recommended the Juice Defender app. I haven't had a problem with it. Check it out. Hope this helps:)

Sent from my Galaxy sIII using Droid Forums

MattE303

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S5
My phones battery dies really fast at work, I think because the signal is really weak inside the building and it is constantly trying to get one. Is there anything I can do to prevent this other than turning it off and on constantly when I'm at work?
yup, same here. At home, in standby mode, my battery drains about 1% per hour. At work, it's around 3%, sometimes worse. Putting it in Airplane mode solves the problem, but isn't a practical solution obviously. I still get thru a typical day without having to charge, so I haven't resorted to JuiceDefender or anything like that yet.

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Is it searching for any service at all or just data?? You can just disable data and if you still get Cell service you can still talk and text.... just no data or MMS......

OP
G

graves47

Reaction score
Juicedefender worked good tonight, might try shutting off data if I decide I don't like it, thanks guys.

GoBears

Reaction score
I had the same problem so I used llama and came up with some rules for automatically engaging airplane mode but checking every 15 minutes for messages and mail. If you'd be interested in trying I'll post the screenshots so you can copy the rules. Works fantastic for me.

Screenshot.Llama.png

MattE303

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S5
I had the same problem so I used llama and came up with some rules for automatically engaging airplane mode but checking every 15 minutes for messages and mail. If you'd be interested in trying I'll post the screenshots so you can copy the rules. Works fantastic for me.
That sounds pretty cool, I'd like to see it.

GoBears

Reaction score
Posted the screenshot showing the rules. Llama is a free download and I recommend it. Can also automatically engage depending on location but I do it manually anyway. I use it whenever my battery gets too low for my liking.

GoBears

Reaction score
I've been meaning to share this here anyway, just kept forgetting because I don't visit here that much anymore. Hope you enjoy.

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
Ive got the same issue at work also....turn mobile data off....and it will solve ur battery drain issue...not like u can use the data anyways

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Droid Forums

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Ive got the same issue at work also....turn mobile data off....and it will solve ur battery drain issue...not like u can use the data anyways

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Droid Forums

The thing is, I have a weak signal, not no signal. So when it's on, I still get a very slow but generally useable 3g. And I turn my screen on/off often enough to where I'm with the OP and it would be too much of a hassle to turn Airplane mode on/off everytime.

Posted the screenshot showing the rules. Llama is a free download and I recommend it. Can also automatically engage depending on location but I do it manually anyway. I use it whenever my battery gets too low for my liking.

Same issue. And I've been looking for an app like this for ages. I tried Tasker but I just couldn't get it to work. I look forward to seeing this in action. Even if it doesn't help with battery life, it'll still be useful for automatically changing work/home settings. Thanks for the share :happy3: