Perm data throttle removal

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
I feel brain cells dying while trying to read the OPs post. Looks like phones die trying to follow too. Imagine that

idk5

Reaction score
I feel brain cells dying while trying to read the OPs post. Looks like phones die trying to follow too. Imagine that

i killed my phone 3 time :p but i am done trying i can live with slow speeds, and OPs post was much easier to read before he edited it he merged a bunch of stuff to the end

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
i killed my phone 3 time :p but i am done trying i can live with slow speeds, and OPs post was much easier to read before he edited it he merged a bunch of stuff to the end

Yeah sorry about that after 15 bricks there's no way to keep the files from coming back so that's why I am trying to disable the throttle all together by using SQLite editor like what they did to the mobile hot spot hack but I no longer have the bionic I have a DROID 4 now an there are no fast boot files for it but the values on the DROID 4 are almost identical to the bionic so ill will still try an figure this hack out an I will post it again when it works an is stable

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums

dags5000

Reaction score
This is probably the 30th post from the OP that is more or less false information and/or complete lack of any real sense. I shall ignore from now on not sure what took me so long. But seriously, enoughs enough

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is probably the 30th post from the OP that is more or less false information and/or complete lack of any real sense. I shall ignore from now on not sure what took me so long. But seriously, enoughs enough

Well OK u guys need to let the ICS update go an just so u know if it wasn't for the 5.5.5.893 FXZ files I created the bionic community would have know way to unbrick after the .902 update if u don't believe me look at the 5.5.5.893 post that's stickied at the top of the forum so please take ur disrespect else where an administration if ur reading this post please keep tabs on this post so people will remain civil an keep the inappropriate comments to themselves

zirkdog

Reaction score
If it wasn't for you and your 4 ICS upgrade path threads , countless people wouldn't have been suckered into the dead end of 5.7.894. You see it your way, the bionic community will see it there's.

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
If it wasn't for you and your 4 ICS upgrade path threads , countless people wouldn't have been suckered into the dead end of 5.7.894. You see it your way, the bionic community will see it there's.

Yeah cuz moto fed me a load of bull i was also one of those people stuck in 5.8.894 to an I thank p3 DROID for the god send he created now I will ask nicely one more time please take ur disrespect elsewhere or I will report u to admin for disrespectful conduct

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
Using SQLite editor (paid app in market, well worth it), open the app, scroll down to Settings Storage and open the one with the gear wheel (on mine the 2nd one). Touch Settings.db, touch Secure. There are 5 lines near the top (line 32 may be the last) with the word 'throttle'. Another poster, not me and I have not tried this, claims if you reset the values in each of the 'throttle' fields to '0' (zero) you will disable throttling. Again, I have not done this. I'm just relaying information I read in another forum. Don't call me out if you try this with bad results, but if you do try, copy the existing values so you can replace them if necessary.
did nt do what u said but saw the values if u change value 20 throttle_value_kbitsps to 0 in theory when the throttle kicks in it will throttle you to 0 meaning no data so the question is how do u disable the throttle? since we cant delete like i thought we could by deleting the files an denying system access to it

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score

Alright folks, if you have nothing positive to contribute to this thread, move on and keep it civil. No need to disrespect other members on here. We all make mistakes, nobody is perfect. If any more of this nonsense continues, infractions and or bans may be issued. Have a nice day:)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Suuperflie

Reaction score
did nt do what u said but saw the values if u change value 20 throttle_value_kbitsps to 0 in theory when the throttle kicks in it will throttle you to 0 meaning no data so the question is how do u disable the throttle? since we cant delete like i thought we could by deleting the files an denying system access to it

Couldn't you just change the throttle to 99999 instead?

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score

I have thought of that but since I switched to the D4 there are no Fez files for it so if I boot loop I am hosed so what ill do is wait for the Fez to come out then ill repost when I have perfected it

gsDroid

Reaction score
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by gsDroid

Using SQLite editor (paid app in market, well worth it), open the app, scroll down to Settings Storage and open the one with the gear wheel (on mine the 2nd one). Touch Settings.db, touch Secure. There are 5 lines near the top (line 32 may be the last) with the word 'throttle'. Another poster, not me and I have not tried this, claims if you reset the values in each of the 'throttle' fields to '0' (zero) you will disable throttling. Again, I have not done this. I'm just relaying information I read in another forum. Don't call me out if you try this with bad results, but if you do try, copy the existing values so you can replace them if necessary.

I don't know about that. I was just repeating another post in another thread, but I've heard it a couple of times. My safestrapped bionic is running so well I don't have the guts to try it. Maybe I'll get some good backups and give it a try, but I wish someone who has tried would report about whether or not it works.

idk5

Reaction score

That's what I did and I am screaming fast now uploadfromtaptalk1330459225377.png
Make line 32 0 and line 20 a lot of 9s
I can't take a screen shot of line 32 cause it disappeared on me but still running great

I have gotten up to 600KB/s so far, yes bytes not bits

gsDroid

Reaction score
These were the defaults for me:
throttle.png

Did your line 32 actually disappear or just get missed on the screen shot?

Attachments

• snap20120228_164746.png
    snap20120228_164746.png
    55.5 KB · Views: 322

idk5

Reaction score
uploadfromtaptalk1330473900511.png

Yup it's gone don't know what happened to it works fine tho