Perm data throttle removal

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
hey everyone i found out how to permanently remove the data throttle that was incorporated into the phone just so u know how this works big red can throttle on there end or the phone can do it itself I am talking about the throttle on the phone cuz verizon only throttles 3G phones not the 3G/4G network but the phone itself. so for now the 4G phones are in the clear probably cuz most of the US is still on a 3G phone but anyways back to the fix think of ur phone as car that ur speeding with what happens once u get to a certain speed well the cars governor kicks in kinda like what the throttle on the phone does this a fix to completely remove it. it is the same hack as before but i just found out the hack wasnt complete an the system still found a way to throttle u. well i have found a fix for that see what happens when u dont change the owner of the folder the the system files will come back after reboot even the throttle folder comes back after reboot if u delete it problem is now changing the owner causes a boot loop anyone have any ideas to keep the system from replacing the files?

eye_dea

Reaction score
How you change the owner of the file?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
How you change the owner of the file?

In root browser long press the throttle folder an there will be choices like delete, copy ect. Second from the bottom is owner select that an an change both owner an group to nobody

striker85

Reaction score
What evidence do you have to show this indeed works?

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
What evidence do you have to show this indeed works?

Lol i knew some one was going to ask that i forgot screen shots ill get some screen shots but it will br awhile cuz u have to reboot for every chang so i am looking at about maybe 6 reboots to get 6 to seven screen shots but it does work

Suuperflie

Reaction score
Hopefully doing this won't take you off the upgrade path.

idk5

Reaction score
i tried this and i started to reboot repeatedly :/ so i am going to re-flash and not try again

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
i tried this and i started to reboot repeatedly :/ so i am going to re-flash and not try again

Yes just did it to mine u have to set owner to root i am realllllllllllllly sorry for the mix up ill be posting screen shots to show it works

idk5

Reaction score
Yes just did it to mine u have to set owner to root i am realllllllllllllly sorry for the mix up ill be posting screen shots to show it works

hmmm i guess i'll try one more time since i have nothing to lose anymore ^-^;

EDIT: yeah best we have screen shots cause still no go over here and i set them to root this time ._.

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
hmmm i guess i'll try one more time since i have nothing to lose anymore ^-^;

EDIT: yeah best we have screen shots cause still no go over here and i set them to root this time ._.

Ok this hack works the problem is though i cant seem to prevent the system from replacing the files if i change the owner it works till u reboot then u go into a boot loop does anyone have any ideas to keep the files from replacing themselves lol i have bricked 6 times trying to figure this out

wolf102

Reaction score
Ok this hack works the problem is though i cant seem to prevent the system from replacing the files if i change the owner it works till u reboot then u go into a boot loop does anyone have any ideas to keep the files from replacing themselves lol i have bricked 6 times trying to figure this out

how did you get your phone out of the boot loop because now im stuck in a bootloop

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
how did you get your phone out of the boot loop because now im stuck in a bootloop

I had to use one of my 5.5.5.893 fxz files an dont worry they leave internal storage intact so u can use backups saved on internal storage

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score

If u have any ideas to help make this hack work i could use the help cuz like i said it works till the system replaces the files an if u change the owner it stops the files from being put back but as soon as u reboot the boot loop happens

idk5

Reaction score
Try replacing the files with empty ones i am sick of flashing so if you want to try go for it