Perm data throttle removal

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
i think i know try replacing the files with empty ones i am sick of flashing so if you want to try go for it

I am sorry i kinda jumped the gun when i saw my download speeds jump from 1 mb a sec to almost 4 on a 3g network when i applied this hack i didnt think to reboot to see what happens an replacing with empty ones doesnt do it cuz it just gets replace with the same file except its a bak file

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
so i tried my idea it replaced the files like you said

Aaaaaaah this is so irritating this hack works but the system doesnt want to retain it i just bricked for the 8 time lmao i want to retain this hack lol i like having speeds of 4mbs on 3G

Suuperflie

Reaction score
So, everything is ok as long as you don't change owner? If so, I'm perfectly ok with just deleting the files every time I reboot.

idk5

Reaction score
So, everything is ok as long as you don't change owner? If so, I'm perfectly ok with just deleting the files every time I reboot.

The files come back ever time you goto airplane mode too so i would guess it comes back every time you reconnect maybe even when you change towers but i can't confirm that

hhamade

Reaction score
Why not do the sqlite hack and be done with it?

Suuperflie

Reaction score
I deleted the files and still only 752kbs. I don't notice anything.

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score

No the files replace themselves 30 min after connected to the network if u put airplane mode on they dont come back i just found that out so for the hack to work u have to delete them every 30 min unless we find a way to keep the system from replacing the cuz what these files do is let ur phone know when ur about to hit ur cap an then the phone throttles when u do hit ur cap if i am correct it throttles after 5 to 10 gigs of usage

Suuperflie

Reaction score
No the files replace themselves 30 min after connected to the network if u put airplane mode on they dont come back i just found that out so for the hack to work u have to delete them every 30 min unless we find a way to keep the system from replacing the cuz what these files do is let ur phone know when ur about to hit ur cap an then the phone throttles when u do hit ur cap if i am correct it throttles after 5 to 10 gigs of usage

Ok,I think I'm proving your wrong here. I just tested with the files at 278 and 735 after I deleted the files. I barely break 1 gig a month and I'm on unlimited data plan. It seems to me it throttles regardless of how much data you use.

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok,I think I'm proving your wrong here. I just tested with the files at 278 and 735 after I deleted the files. I barely break 1 gig a month and I'm on unlimited data plan. It seems to me it throttles regardless of how much data you use.

Ok i am not saying that my cap theory is right but we do know it throttles an we found a fix for it we just have to find a way to keep the fix intact without bootlooping

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums

gsDroid

Reaction score
i haven't heard of that one where could i find it or how do it do it?
Using SQLite editor (paid app in market, well worth it), open the app, scroll down to Settings Storage and open the one with the gear wheel (on mine the 2nd one). Touch Settings.db, touch Secure. There are 5 lines near the top (line 32 may be the last) with the word 'throttle'. Another poster, not me and I have not tried this, claims if you reset the values in each of the 'throttle' fields to '0' (zero) you will disable throttling. Again, I have not done this. I'm just relaying information I read in another forum. Don't call me out if you try this with bad results, but if you do try, copy the existing values so you can replace them if necessary.

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
Using SQLite editor (paid app in market, well worth it), open the app, scroll down to Settings Storage and open the one with the gear wheel (on mine the 2nd one). Touch Settings.db, touch Secure. There are 5 lines near the top (line 32 may be the last) with the word 'throttle'. Another poster, not me and I have not tried this, claims if you reset the values in each of the 'throttle' fields to '0' (zero) you will disable throttling. Again, I have not done this. I'm just relaying information I read in another forum. Don't call me out if you try this with bad results, but if you do try, copy the existing values so you can replace them if necessary.

Yeah i found it an found the throttle reset day its on the 27th day of the month the same day ur bill is populated

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score

I also found what the speed ur phone throttles u down to when the throttle is enabled it will throttle u down to 300 kbsps