PDA Net difficulties

aliskay

Reaction score
I have had my Droid for about 3 months and using PdaNet, version 2.42 to access internet through my desktop.

Droid did an update a few days ago and ever since, my PdaNet will be enabled and suddenly lose connection, telling me I need to enable it. When I check my phone, it is enabled, but I have to turn off the PdaNet, unplug the usb cable, re-enable PdaNet, replug usb and then I can connect.

Any idea why all of a sudden there is this 'bug'?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
maybe the dev overlooked it when putting out the new update. id email him and tell him whats going on and hopefully hell get another update that fixes it

HamDog

Reaction score
How often does this happen? I've been using PDAnet for months. I also get disconnected once in a while, even with 2.1. I'd have to go through what you just described by restarting PDAnet and unplugging cables. I'm not an every day user of tethering, but maybe once a week. My disconnects would happen every 1/2 hour to an hour. Sometimes it was easier to get it restarted and sometimes tougher.

My connections usually consist of streaming data. I load up my stock trading program and watch the markets, so although it's consistent data coming through, it's not heavy data usage like video.

With 2.2, I haven't noticed anything different. I'm not rooted and using the paid version of PDAnet (V. 2.42).

azhummer

Reaction score
i just emailed pdanet support... I was using pdanet 2.17 on Win7-64bit and original Droid happily for over 5 months.. VERY rare disconnects..

then, nothing changes, except. FROYO 2.2 came yesterday.... right after installing it. pdanet disconnects about once an hour... i usually just have to uncheck "enable usb" (since it doesnt let me reconnect until i do so).. then re-enable USB.. then it works.. only for another hour or so...

updated to pdanet 2.42 on both ends (windows & android).. same problem x 2 in the last few hours....

jthorpe

Reaction score
i just emailed pdanet support... I was using pdanet 2.17 on Win7-64bit and original Droid happily for over 5 months.. VERY rare disconnects..

then, nothing changes, except. FROYO 2.2 came yesterday.... right after installing it. pdanet disconnects about once an hour... i usually just have to uncheck "enable usb" (since it doesnt let me reconnect until i do so).. then re-enable USB.. then it works.. only for another hour or so...

updated to pdanet 2.42 on both ends (windows & android).. same problem x 2 in the last few hours....

I'm having the same issue since the update. Please someone tell me how to put my phone back on 2.1, PLEASE

ffej89

Reaction score
Same issue on my Evo. I just have to turn off and re connect. Its a pain for sure. Started when i got 2.2 on Aug 2

chromashadows

Reaction score
Yup same issues here too. Upgraded to 2.45 and boosh; stops working a lot even on 3G and full bars! It's annoying as I have to rely on this for my net for 2 plus weeks til I get my own residence. :( thank god it's free. I live online. :(

jthorpe

Reaction score
Are there any fixes out for this yet? Still have been having a lot of issues with both 2.2 and Pdanet. Not impressed by the Droid right now, at all.

Fazoom

Reaction score
All of a sudden I'm having PDANet trouble. I've always had a drop or two... now it's a FREEZE in download. Browser says "sending request" but no K is moving... then it will start a tad sometimes, and then crap out.

Anyone else?

dardar

Reaction score
Has anyone found a solution to or reason for this? I have just recently started using PDANet and I get disconnected about one time an hour... very frustrating!