PC Internet browsers

kasch18

Reaction score
I'm using firefox and have never given chrome a try, but seeing as I'm all google now, I was thinking about trying it. Anybody like it? Are there any other good browsers out there?

tiggerxplur

Reaction score
i have used google chrome before but stuck with fire fox cause its what i am used to and like there personas thing for theming

but google chrome is definitely a very good browser

ValkF6

Reaction score
I've been a FireFox user for several years but have switched to Chrome for most uses. FF has gotten overblown, IMO, while Chrome seems light and fast. Now if it only had Grease Monkey. ;-)

kennydied23

Reaction score
I've been a FireFox user for several years but have switched to Chrome for most uses. FF has gotten overblown, IMO, while Chrome seems light and fast. Now if it only had Grease Monkey. ;-)

If you get the latest version of chrome from filehippo.com it has greasemonkey support. You just download click on a script and chrome will ask to install it

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Chrome FTW!

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
Can you theme Chrome already or no? I won't leave unless I can take my Blue Fox Theme with me.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I JUST started using Firefox late last year as my main browser...Been on IE since 1999. Even tho back then my main one was Netscape before it kinda disappeared. (If I used Netscape, I shoulda been went to Firefox...lol)

I like Chrome's speed..... it needs other stuff tweaked for me to use it on the regular. I like Opera's latest too. Again, I like the speed but it needs a lil tweaking.

My main one now is Firefox. What made me switch to it? Tomshardware.com kept crashing IE...it was that simple. And another forum I go to alot, the Quick Reply area kept malfunctioning.

There is a pc builder site that crashes the hell outta IE. The three other browsers handled it with ease. (but Chrome and Opera were faster). Try your browser at this site to see if it handles it good. This site kills IE 7:

Welcome to PCUSA

Click on one of the PC's, then click the plus sign at Cases...IE throws up each time I try it.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Firefox was my love, but ever since Google Chrome came out I've been using only that. Its so fast and organized, where firefox was a little memory hog for me. (and we wont even talk about Internet Explorer haha)

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to
I use Firefox mostly for all the addons, like NoScript, Cookie management, greasemonkey for most general browsing... but if I am going to a site I know for sure is safe I usually use Chrome to avoid all the addon conflicts and hassles.

I only ever use internet explorer at work because I have to for internal intranet sites and such, but I wouldn't use it if I had a choice.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Its something about the bookmarks I dont like about Opera and Chrome. I cant remember right now what it is....I barely like the way Firefox does bookmarks too. If I can get the way they do bookmarks better....

I just started using the Google Toolbar Bookmarks......amazing tool. I may just stick to that and say forget the bookmarks on Chrome and Opera.

OP
K

kasch18

Reaction score
Well after posting this thread I started trying chrome and it definitely is faster. As far as themes go, seems like there are plenty. I'm running the "baseball" theme right now which is cool. Go Tigers!

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
I like Chrome, but imho IE 64 bit is a bit faster. If only it would support flash. Is there a 64 bit Chrome yet? I love igoogle for a home page!

astevens54

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I've used IE 7, 8, and Premier 9, FireFox, Opera, Avant, and Chrome. Chrome is the browser of choice for me. Currently, I am using the latest beta version and it is fast.

RacecarBMW

Reaction score
I use chrome and it is amazing. It is very fast there are themes, extensions, and it so simple to use

like in the top address bar it is also a search bar at the same time unlike other browsers that have a search bar and an address bar.

Also there is a new extension that works with an app on android 2.2 that allows you to send webpages to your android phone.

Also chrome scored a 100/100 on the acid test

here are the results for other browsers

Internet explorer 20/100
Firefox 94/100
safari 100/100
opera 100/100

You cant go wrong with chrome it is very stable as well

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
^^I forgot about the new extensions for 2.2.....Imma have to look at Chrome a wee bit closer...Plus I can access all my Google Bookmarks with Chrome, dont need the Toolbar.