Path to 901 update??

jjbinks82

Reaction score
Checked most of the threads and there's a butt load of different ways to update to 901. Which way is the best coming from rooted 893???

Shot from an EVER DEFIANT ROOTED BIONIC

wseyller

Reaction score
Download the update that others have uploaded. copy it to your removable sd card. Make sure any deleted or frozen stock apps are restored. boot into stock recovery and install the update from your sd card

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

debrad0307

Reaction score
Download the update that others have uploaded. copy it to your removable sd card. Make sure any deleted or frozen stock apps are restored. boot into stock recovery and install the update from your sd card

Thanks for that info wseyller! Anyway you could link that to me? Also... if I performed a factory reset I should be good to update right( I'm rooted of course)?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

wseyller

Reaction score
Thanks for that info wseyller! Anyway you could link that to me? Also... if I performed a factory reset I should be good to update right( I'm rooted of course)?

Dont have time at this moment to find a link for you.

a factory reset is not enough to remove root or restore stock apps. Root alone will not hinder the ability to update. Actually you want to forever root so that you retain root because I have not seen yet any way to root 901 directly.

If you want to make sure your fully stock there is now a full fxz of the 5.5.893 image which will put you 100% stock and will remove root. Then with methods now available you can forever root 5.5.893 and then you do the 901 update.

wilboy

Reaction score

You need to be !00% stock like what wseyller says
Here ya go.. Blur_Version.5.5.893.XT875.Verizon.en.US.zip
Just copy it to the root of your sd card ext. and install it using stock recovery..

Last edited:

wilboy

Reaction score
Has anybody made a deodexed zip for this yet?

Bionic Beast / Tapatalk
I thought your on your way on developing it??:)
Wow..congrats man!Your one of the Supporting Member!
Happy for you man!!:happy3:

RK KINGKONG

Reaction score
I thought your on your way on developing it??:)
Wow..congrats man!Your one of the Supporting Member!
Happy for you man!!:happy3:

Yeah I like to support man, have been since the beginning.... Forum & Devs / I own a forum and kinda dislike leechers...
Can't always take & not give up back....

Droid Bionic / Tapatalk

wilboy

Reaction score
Yeah I like to support man, have been since the beginning.... Forum & Devs / I own a forum and kinda dislike leechers...
Can't always take & not give up back....

Droid Bionic / Tapatalk
Wow ,i admire you w/ that man!Yeah your right!..They're just taking advantage and not giving back!
Oh yeah for the 4th. time(in 4 different VZW stores)..they have had only one answer..ICS will be out this week!!??!
FINGERS CROSSED!!
NOTE:To the Forum people..Pls., don't throw me a stone about this..just wanted(ONLY)to share this to all of you guys.Thanks!:)

buellboy9

Reaction score
I'm wondering the same thing. The file name sure implies it is 893, not 901.