What's the latest update version???

jjbinks82

Reaction score
Hey community!!

Sorry, I've been outta the loop for a looooong time!! My question is, as subject line states, what's the latest update??

Obvious follow up questions is how do I get there and what is the benefit??? I've heard there's a .905 update?? Can I maintain root also on update??

I'm still on .901, rooted. Thanks in advance for your replies!!

Shot from an EVER DEFIANT ROOTED BIONIC

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
5.9.902 is the current version, so you'll need to get up to there for the next update. Take a look at http://www.droidforums.net/forum/mo...-soak-test-build-post-here-4.html#post2005512 in order to get the update from .901 to .902.

At first we thought it would be .904 when the invites for the soak test went out in April, but at the moment it should be .905.

I'm not rooted, but I understand that you will be able to maintain root.

OP
jjbinks82

jjbinks82

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Hmmm, loss like there's some debate about .902. I'm a stay with what I have for now I guess. My only issues are constant dips of data, 4 & 3g. I live in Seattle, a big city, so there shouldn't be any drops, or at least that's my opinion...

Shot from an EVER DEFIANT ROOTED BIONIC

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lots of people have had varied results with the updates. Myself, there has been no real change with any version; battery life and 4G are fine. I live in San Diego, which was one of the first cities to get 4G.

If a new update comes that you'd want, you'll need to go to .902 at least to stay on the update path. Fortunately there are several FXZs to get you back to an earlier update. See http://www.droidforums.net/forum/mo...-5-893-fxz-901-902-compatible-902-update.html for some info.