Pandora

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's not the phone. It's Pandora they've been ha ing problems for awhile now. I emailed them and they said it's only with Verizon customers.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Haha just saw your post..Nice! That's right!:)

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Raw Dodge

Reaction score
Its verizon doing it....data throttling....I have the same issues...never used too,Its criminal IMO....Were paying for unlimited from the device,I use under 2Gb monthly and Im getting throttled like no tomorrow....my other smartphone uses under .3GB monthly as its home and on wifi 90% of the time....

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Its verizon doing it....data throttling....I have the same issues...never used too,Its criminal IMO....Were paying for unlimited from the device,I use under 2Gb monthly and Im getting throttled like no tomorrow....my other smartphone uses under .3GB monthly as its home and on wifi 90% of the time....

Search for a throttle modder..I use them when I get them:) no more throttle..lol

drew

Reaction score

Can you prove this? It also does the same thing on Wi-Fi, which means it's the app / Pandora servers. How are you able to tell you are being throttled?

Raw Dodge

Reaction score
I use speedtest app to check my speeds ...my average speed here used to be 1200-1500 mbs download....I had seen as high as 2350 occasionally..Now whenever im having trouble ill reboot first....then if its still slower than slow.the speedtest app proves it...usually my speeds are 500-600 mbs .....when im being throttled...I can check my buddies phone standing next to me and get 1400mbs.....is that proof enough? May not hold up on court but I know what there doing.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

drew

Reaction score
I can't argue with your experience - and I'm not saying you're wrong. Throttling my wife's data makes no sense. Throttling mine, does. If hundreds of people are experiencing this issue with Pandora, you would think Pandora would openly point the finger at Verizon. There's probably more to it than that though.

J

JriderG

Well I don't think you are being throttled for 2gb. I use an average of 30 and I have never had issues. Also it is not illegal for them to do this if Verizon wanted to, not to mention the OP said it was happening on wifi. Just my 2 cents on throttling. Pandora on the other hand used to be terrible. Now it works good for me, so I'm not sure what the problem could be.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Raw Dodge

Reaction score
Here are shots of my data usage both lines 8 days into my cycle.I don't know how to find last months usage but I was under 2.0gb and the other line was under .4gb.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well I don't think you are being throttled for 2gb. I use an average of 30 and I have never had issues. Also it is not illegal for them to do this if Verizon wanted to, not to mention the OP said it was happening on wifi. Just my 2 cents on throttling. Pandora on the other hand used to be terrible. Now it works good for me, so I'm not sure what the problem could be.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Yes he mentioned it happening on 3g and wifi, not making a difference..Its the updates or cache needs clearing possibly..just my 2 cents..lol peace

REMilk

Reaction score
I have a Droid 3 and Pandora works fine in both 3G and WiFi. I listened to Pandora for an hour on 3G and there were no skips, pauses, etc. I have unlimited and have never experienced a slowdown, however, in 6+ years I have exceeded 5 GB only once.

Raw Dodge

Reaction score
That's excellent! I can listen on 3g however I have a pause of 1-2 minutes between songs now and it pauses in the middle of songs probably 30% of the time...on wifi everything works perfectly no skips or spaces between songs.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

drew

Reaction score
I did the cache clear, I did the battery pull, uninstall / reinstall...nothing helped. I think the wife would be OK if there was a long pause between songs. As it stands now, she only gets to hear 30-40% of a song before it skips to the next song. I'm gonna track down someone at Pandora and try to get them to acknowledge a problem.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
I did the cache clear, I did the battery pull, uninstall / reinstall...nothing helped. I think the wife would be OK if there was a long pause between songs. As it stands now, she only gets to hear 30-40% of a song before it skips to the next song. I'm gonna track down someone at Pandora and try to get them to acknowledge a problem.

Oooops did I say cache? I meant applications>clear data...

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah..did that too. The reviews for the application are getting bad...seems like it's affecting a lot of people.

Indeed! I use a modded version a dev fixed up for me...its constantly needing to be updated as the og develpment is now affecting use via server..bastitts...lol but I'm a premium user...just hate the ui of the market version...mine is xparent and fast, but I have to keep hacking every time they update...idk....hope they find the fix..the ads do not help, that's why I'm premi user....