Pandora

drew

Reaction score
From Pandora:

Sorry about the problems with the Pandora Android app.
In version 1.5.14, we made a change that we hoped would improve the performance of our app. With certain phones the change actually made things worse.
We made another change this morning on our end that we think should help. You don't have to update the app for the the change to take effect.
Just exit out of the Pandora app (if it's currently open). To exit the Pandora app on your Android phone, click on the Menu key and select Quit.
Then reopen Pandora. You may have to skip through a few songs first if the problem continues.

Hopefully it fixes it.

todd1888

Reaction score
Incredible 2 issues

I don't think it fixed anything -- about a minute into the song it buffers and goes to the next song. Very annoying. Will reach out to Pandora. I deliberately don't sign up for auto-updates for this very reason but somehow it snuck in an update.

SupraRZ95

Reaction score
I use the Unlimited Pandora cyan from jrummys toolbox. Ill try to get a link up. It looks fresh and doesn't play ads.

drew

Reaction score
I might have a use for that jrummys version for my Thunderbolt. If you can post it, please do.

Here's an update: it played full songs on my Wi-Fi, but started cutting it off on 3G. (I know it plays to the Verizon throttling theory...I think there's a compression problem)

Here's the latest from Pandora:

Hi Andrew,

You're not the only Android user that is experiencing problems. I know this has been a frustrating issue, but I can assure you it's on all of our minds.

If you have a moment, can you please send us the diagnostics logs? These are enormously helpful in trying to pinpoint what's happening. Since we don't have an immediate fix, these logs help us gather information for our developers to try use in upcoming releases of the Pandora app.

First, can you tell me a bit more about your phone?

* System version (Settings -> About Phone):
* Android version (Settings -> About Phone):
* Build number (Settings -> About Phone):
* Pandora version (it's displayed in the lower right hand corner when Pandora is loading):

Then to send us the log, first you will need to install a third-party Log Collector app from the Android Market.

* Search for: Log Collector
* Install the app

* Then, go into Pandora, touch the preferences screen and long-press the Preferences title text in the settings screen. You'll get a dialog notifying you of logging being enabled.

Note that you shouldn't really leave this setting turned on, so, just turn it on, then reproduce the problem, collect the logs, and then turn logging off by long-holding Preferences again.

drew

Reaction score
Switching from "normal quality" to "high quality" seems to have corrected my issue. Seems counter-intuitive, but I'm just happy it works for her now.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Switching from "normal quality" to "high quality" seems to have corrected my issue. Seems counter-intuitive, but I'm just happy it works for her now.

Lol didn't I mention that way back ?? Lol glad it works...love Pandora ...

Tapped by a Razr...
PEACE! ALL!!-------->>>D2D™

smartphonenovice

Reaction score
I have a Droid 2 Global with same Pandora issue. I simply changed my Preferences from Normal to High and it worked like a dream. Like someone said, that is completely counter intuitive, but I followed someone else's suggestion and as crazy as it sounds, it worked. We'll see how long it lasts, but it did work immediately.

giant25

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Not to stray too far away, but if any of you get fed up, go try Slacker Radio (or try it again if you've used it before). The latest improvements make it more stable than Pandora. Also, it now preloads the next few tracks so it'll jump right into the next song, even if you skip (this can be toggled in the apps Settings). I finally ditched Pandora and haven't looked back.

Gblake13

Reaction score
Slacker sucks hard. It doesn't have half the station choices and the selections it makes per station makes no sense. Used the lonely island station and ended up listening to blue collar comedy, total crap.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Raw Dodge

Reaction score
I uninstalled slacker a while ago. it is full of advertisement now

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

giant25

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Sorry for the poor suggestion. I'm happy with it, maybe someone else will like it. I'll be on my way...

todd1888

Reaction score
My wife's Incredible 2 has a ton of problems playing Pandora, .

I have the Incredible 2 as well and once I got rid of the application emoji -- it went back to working. I will say that emailing Pandora -- they were very helpful even though I found the solution on a fluke. The alarm was gone from the clock so I removed the last app I loaded and while the alarm is an issue with HTC from what I read, Pandora then worked.

ccannarozzi

Reaction score
Whenever i try playing songs on Pandora, the picture will come up & the process bar at the bottom would progress as though it's playing, but there's no sound that is coming out of my phone..? I already tried uninstalling & reinstalling, force quitting, and turning my phone off mute & it still isnt playing. This is the second time it happened to me. Help please. Thanks!