Pandora

nivensid

Reaction score
The short time I have been on here I have learned alot thanks to everyone's replies.
Now down to business, When you play Pandora and select an artist should all the songs played be by that artist? I selected one and the first song is by the artist but the rest are by various artists. That's not what I want, am I doing something wrong here? Need some help again please.... I want to just hear the artists I select if possible.

JCo352

Reaction score
The short time I have been on here I have learned alot thanks to everyone's replies.
Now down to business, When you play Pandora and select an artist should all the songs played be by that artist? I selected one and the first song is by the artist but the rest are by various artists. That's not what I want, am I doing something wrong here? Need some help again please.... I want to just hear the artists I select if possible.

I think it goes by genre even though you put in an certain artist's name. Just "thumbs down" it.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am pretty sure that is not what it does, at least not for me I have never tried to set it that way though. It takes an Artist puts it in a genre and then plays back more just like it. You can also access your Pandora account online and there are more settings there. I am sure some people would be interested if you find out it can be done

techRob

Reaction score
Basically it plays music that is "similar" to the artist you put in. give the artist you like a thumbs up, and more of that artist should play.

Prometheus

Reaction score
There's actually laws governing this. Pandora is basically a radio station and is subject to FCC guidelines and laws. The FCC does not allow a radio station to play the same artist more than 4 times in a row.

Plus, the way Pandora stays free is that they promise artists exposure by getting artists on front of audiences that may appreciate them based on similar artist interest. So, labels will allow them to steam their music free with the hope that exposure will equal sales.

I may be wrong on the whole FCC thing.... I think I read it somewhere and may have some details wrong. Please someone correct me if they know more about this

OP
N

nivensid

Reaction score
Thanks for the info on this, I learn something new everyday with this phone...

davedroid2323

Reaction score
Pandora plays about 30 seconds then auto skips to next song. Have had the 2.2 update then a second update for which I have no idea what it installed. this is one problem amongst many others!!!

r314bd

Reaction score
I too am having this problem...not necessarily after 30 seconds but definitely somewhere in the middle of the song it auto-skips to the next one

drew

Reaction score
My wife's Incredible 2 has a ton of problems playing Pandora, where it would play about 45-60 seconds of a song and then skip. This is on 3G as well as WiFi. I've tried installing previous versions of the app, but can't seem to get it working. She won't let me root / ROM her phone, although there's nothing to indicate that it would fix the problem anyway. Pandora on my Thunderbolt and HP Touchpad (CM7) run fine.

With that said, after doing some research, it looks like this is not phone specific and others are having the same problem. I'm curious to know how many in the community are affected. Perhaps if we can get enough people to bring some visibility to the extent of the problem, we might be able to get the Pandora developers to fix it.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
My wife's Incredible 2 has a ton of problems playing Pandora, where it would play about 45-60 seconds of a song and then skip. This is on 3G as well as WiFi. I've tried installing previous versions of the app, but can't seem to get it working. She won't let me root / ROM her phone, although there's nothing to indicate that it would fix the problem anyway. Pandora on my Thunderbolt and HP Touchpad (CM7) run fine.

With that said, after doing some research, it looks like this is not phone specific and others are having the same problem. I'm curious to know how many in the community are affected. Perhaps if we can get enough people to bring some visibility to the extent of the problem, we might be able to get the Pandora developers to fix it.

Hmmm...I wonder if you might try settings in pandora and make sure its set to normal..the higher settings can make skips...
Also check the memory and see what else may be running causing this to fail? Other than that, it may well be Pandoras updates. Since the new ads I've had some buffering issues. But I use an old version that's transparent and MODed to give me the best possible experience....hope this helps some!:)

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

drew

Reaction score
Hmmm...I wonder if you might try settings in pandora and make sure its set to normal..the higher settings can make skips...
Also check the memory and see what else may be running causing this to fail? Other than that, it may well be Pandoras updates. Since the new ads I've had some buffering issues. But I use an old version that's transparent and MODed to give me the best possible experience....hope this helps some!:)

I have tried every setting. It has to be an update. I even tried the themed versions in the Pandora UL thread, and it still wouldn't stop skipping songs. My wife is ready to throw the phone out the window (of course it didn't help that I had to do a factory reset because the Dialer app went bonkers). I really liked the Incredible 2 when it came out, I just feel like I'm gonna have problems with it.

Gblake13

Reaction score
It's not the phone. It's Pandora they've been ha ing problems for awhile now. I emailed them and they said it's only with Verizon customers.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

drew

Reaction score
It's not the phone. It's Pandora they've been ha ing problems for awhile now. I emailed them and they said it's only with Verizon customers.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

I don't think it's the phone either...but from my wife's perspective (who hates technology), she's frustrated. She loves her Pandora. I'm on Verizon, and I don't have any issues (with my Tbolt). I've seen the Incredible, Bionic and Droid phones all be affected.

Two questions for you: 1) Can you share the email address you used? 2) Did they give you a timeframe for an update that fixes it?

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have tried every setting. It has to be an update. I even tried the themed versions in the Pandora UL thread, and it still wouldn't stop skipping songs. My wife is ready to throw the phone out the window (of course it didn't help that I had to do a factory reset because the Dialer app went bonkers). I really liked the Incredible 2 when it came out, I just feel like I'm gonna have problems with it.

Honestly...When or if I have a problem with a phone and especially the dialer, and your not rooted, I would return it...when problems start, they generally persist...after all the resets and no go..call verizon and replace it..if you feel its a hardware/stock software issue..as for Pandora, yes, they are aware of all the complaints of the updates and (suposed to fix) but idk...Good luck, and never fear calling the carrier for replacement!:) (Not that you do fear) lol