1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Pandora

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by drew, Nov 14, 2011.

1. drew

drew New Member

My wife's Incredible 2 has a ton of problems playing Pandora, where it would play about 45-60 seconds of a song and then skip. This is on 3G as well as WiFi. I've tried installing previous versions of the app, but can't seem to get it working. She won't let me root / ROM her phone, although there's nothing to indicate that it would fix the problem anyway. Pandora on my Thunderbolt and HP Touchpad (CM7) run fine.

With that said, after doing some research, it looks like this is not phone specific and others are having the same problem. I'm curious to know how many in the community are affected. Perhaps if we can get enough people to bring some visibility to the extent of the problem, we might be able to get the Pandora developers to fix it.
  2. droid2drummer

droid2drummer New Member

Hmmm...I wonder if you might try settings in pandora and make sure its set to normal..the higher settings can make skips...
    Also check the memory and see what else may be running causing this to fail? Other than that, it may well be Pandoras updates. Since the new ads I've had some buffering issues. But I use an old version that's transparent and MODed to give me the best possible experience....hope this helps some!:)

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
  3. drew

drew New Member

I have tried every setting. It has to be an update. I even tried the themed versions in the Pandora UL thread, and it still wouldn't stop skipping songs. My wife is ready to throw the phone out the window (of course it didn't help that I had to do a factory reset because the Dialer app went bonkers). I really liked the Incredible 2 when it came out, I just feel like I'm gonna have problems with it.
  4. Gblake13

Gblake13 Member

It's not the phone. It's Pandora they've been ha ing problems for awhile now. I emailed them and they said it's only with Verizon customers.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums
  5. drew

drew New Member

I don't think it's the phone either...but from my wife's perspective (who hates technology), she's frustrated. She loves her Pandora. I'm on Verizon, and I don't have any issues (with my Tbolt). I've seen the Incredible, Bionic and Droid phones all be affected.

Two questions for you: 1) Can you share the email address you used? 2) Did they give you a timeframe for an update that fixes it?
  6. droid2drummer

droid2drummer New Member

Honestly...When or if I have a problem with a phone and especially the dialer, and your not rooted, I would return it...when problems start, they generally persist...after all the resets and no go..call verizon and replace it..if you feel its a hardware/stock software issue..as for Pandora, yes, they are aware of all the complaints of the updates and (suposed to fix) but idk...Good luck, and never fear calling the carrier for replacement!:) (Not that you do fear) lol

7. droid2drummer

droid2drummer New Member

Haha just saw your post..Nice! That's right!:)

8. Raw Dodge

Raw Dodge New Member

Its verizon doing it....data throttling....I have the same issues...never used too,Its criminal IMO....Were paying for unlimited from the device,I use under 2Gb monthly and Im getting throttled like no tomorrow....my other smartphone uses under .3GB monthly as its home and on wifi 90% of the time....
  9. droid2drummer

droid2drummer New Member

Search for a throttle modder..I use them when I get them:) no more throttle..lol

10. drew

drew New Member

Can you prove this? It also does the same thing on Wi-Fi, which means it's the app / Pandora servers. How are you able to tell you are being throttled?
  11. Raw Dodge

Raw Dodge New Member

I use speedtest app to check my speeds ...my average speed here used to be 1200-1500 mbs download....I had seen as high as 2350 occasionally..Now whenever im having trouble ill reboot first....then if its still slower than slow.the speedtest app proves it...usually my speeds are 500-600 mbs .....when im being throttled...I can check my buddies phone standing next to me and get 1400mbs.....is that proof enough? May not hold up on court but I know what there doing.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
  12. drew

drew New Member

I can't argue with your experience - and I'm not saying you're wrong. Throttling my wife's data makes no sense. Throttling mine, does. If hundreds of people are experiencing this issue with Pandora, you would think Pandora would openly point the finger at Verizon. There's probably more to it than that though.
  13. JriderG

JriderG New Member

Well I don't think you are being throttled for 2gb. I use an average of 30 and I have never had issues. Also it is not illegal for them to do this if Verizon wanted to, not to mention the OP said it was happening on wifi. Just my 2 cents on throttling. Pandora on the other hand used to be terrible. Now it works good for me, so I'm not sure what the problem could be.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
  14. Raw Dodge

Raw Dodge New Member

Here are shots of my data usage both lines 8 days into my cycle.I don't know how to find last months usage but I was under 2.0gb and the other line was under .4gb.
  15. droid2drummer

droid2drummer New Member

Yes he mentioned it happening on 3g and wifi, not making a difference..Its the updates or cache needs clearing possibly..just my 2 cents..lol peace

16. REMilk

REMilk New Member

I have a Droid 3 and Pandora works fine in both 3G and WiFi. I listened to Pandora for an hour on 3G and there were no skips, pauses, etc. I have unlimited and have never experienced a slowdown, however, in 6+ years I have exceeded 5 GB only once.
  17. Raw Dodge

Raw Dodge New Member

That's excellent! I can listen on 3g however I have a pause of 1-2 minutes between songs now and it pauses in the middle of songs probably 30% of the time...on wifi everything works perfectly no skips or spaces between songs.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
  18. drew

drew New Member

I did the cache clear, I did the battery pull, uninstall / reinstall...nothing helped. I think the wife would be OK if there was a long pause between songs. As it stands now, she only gets to hear 30-40% of a song before it skips to the next song. I'm gonna track down someone at Pandora and try to get them to acknowledge a problem.
  19. droid2drummer

droid2drummer New Member

Oooops did I say cache? I meant applications>clear data...

20. drew

drew New Member

Yeah..did that too. The reviews for the application are getting bad...seems like it's affecting a lot of people.
Search tags for this page

android pandora keeps skipping songs

diagnostic logging enabled android
disable diagnostic logging android

pandora android keeps skipping songs

pandora constantly buffering
pandora diagnostic logging enabled
pandora for android wont quit skipping
pandora keeps skipping
pandora keeps skipping songs

pandora keeps skipping songs android

pandora keeps skipping songs on android