Overclocking help

njftw

Reaction score
I'm trying to install the "update.zip" file to OC.

It keeps saying

"installation aborted"

why?

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Which update.zip are you speaking of? You mean like one of Chevy's kernels?

What recovery are you using to install it?

OP
N

njftw

Reaction score
It says Update Aborted but the status bar is still creeping slowly.

Does it take a while to install?

OP
N

njftw

Reaction score
Nothing I try to install works

I just tried the glass theme and the same problem, it just says Install Aborted.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
When you boot into recovery, what does your screen say? Like where you are trying to install the update.zip...are you using SPRecovery? ClockworkMod Recovery? Or please don't say your on stock recovery...

toddegreene

Reaction score
1. Be sure the file is named update.zip
2. Be sure update.zip is in /sdcard and not elsewhere
3. In recovery, be sure to choose 'Allow update.zip installation' before you choose the install option

OP
N

njftw

Reaction score
Sorry if I didn't explain right.

I have done all of the above like you guys said. I am using exactly what was said to download from that thread. SPRecovery and my screen says,

When I dl the kernal, my mac saves it on the desktop as a folder already with the META and SYSTEM folders inside there. I compress the file, mazing it a .zip and name it "update.zip" and then boot and click on AllowUpdate.zip but nothing special happens after that it just blinks, and then I click on install update.zip and it starts to and after a second or two it says installation aborted.

OP
N

njftw

Reaction score
I finally got it to work.

Now I'm a little confused on the settings. In SetCPU, what do I want the MAX and MIN to be if I want to run at 1.25Ghz?

Thanks guys.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Howcome you compressed the file after you downloaded it? It was already a zip. Obviously your Mac is set to hide file extenions. There should be a setting somewhere for that...

And there a ton of threads about setcpu settings and profiles...you just mainly want it to underclock when asleep and lower the speeds when the battery gets low and when the temp get high

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Howcome you compressed the file after you downloaded it? It was already a zip. Obviously your Mac is set to hide file extenions. There should be a setting somewhere for that...

And there a ton of threads about setcpu settings and profiles...you just mainly want it to underclock when asleep and lower the speeds when the battery gets low and when the temp get high

OP
N

njftw

Reaction score
Ok thanks.

I'll read up on them. Yeah my Mac was bugging me so I did it here at work on a pc, works fine now :)

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I use a Mac and have not had an issues/problems. It may be Safari that is messing your file extensions and not you Mac. Look at the preferences for the safe downloading. Another option is to use FireFox. It does not mess with the file extensions.

Here is a link to the developer of SetCPU web site it may help with settings SetCPU

Mike