Over heated RAZR!!!

Rotech72

Reaction score
Don't know what caused it to overheat...but it must have triggered a built in safety mode...thermal protection screen..preventing burn in...i turned off the phone quickly... the sucker was sizzling... waited til it cooled off...no problems since then...been trying to find out any info on it thru Google... no luck...but knowing that its built in, is kind of cool to know!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

yaterml

Reaction score
Problem excessive heat destroyed the battery install an app that monitors internal heat. Charging, radio use, screen brightness all affect the temperature

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using DroidForums

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Problem excessive heat destroyed the battery install an app that monitors internal heat. Charging, radio use, screen brightness all affect the temperature

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using DroidForums

Yes indeed. The battery is very close to the screen on these phones. Infact heat from the battery and the heat being so close to the screen is also believed to be the reason the internal screen (not the gorilla glass) cracks.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!

tiarantantrums

Reaction score
Ever since I have upgraded to ICS OS my display thermal protection comes on frequently. My phone is always warm/hot to the touch and battery life is crappier than normal.... any suggestions?

Logan3824

Reaction score
Ever since I have upgraded to ICS OS my display thermal protection comes on frequently. My phone is always warm/hot to the touch and battery life is crappier than normal.... any suggestions?

I have the same exact problem you so. My phone is always hot even when im not doing anything too intensive. Hell just typing this is turning the heat up on my phone. Going to try a different rom when i get home and see if that helps but so far i cant figure out what the hell is going on