Otterbox on amazon...

RacingTiger03

Reaction score

Murker

Reaction score
Ahh if it would only fit with the extended battery......

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

RezoundHound

Reaction score
I would avoid this case. It covers the two stereo mics on the back of the phone for video recordings. I emailed them about it. They never bothered to respond.

RH

Sent from my HTC Rezound

OP
R

RacingTiger03

Reaction score
wow, surprising otterbox would miss something like that considering the quality they try to call themselves lol. Both the commuter and defender cover them go figure. I thought those were just noise cancelling mics like on the bionic.. wasn't a big deal then, now it is haha.

The incipio cases do NOT cover the stereo mics. Nice catch! Just made that decision too easy, this deal almost had me swayed :p

Looks like they already sold out at that price. Cheapest on amazon now is 29.

Last edited:

RezoundHound

Reaction score
Wow, surprising otterbox would miss something like that. I thought those were just noise cancelling mics like on the bionic.

I think they were embarrassed that they missed that. That's why they never responded to my email. Really, what could they say? How do you explain a bone headed omission like that? Didn't they even bother to examine the phone before they designed a case for it?

The mic on the left side of the phone near the top is for noise cancellation.

RH

Last edited:

Volkaru

Reaction score
What's everyone's opinion on what the best total protection case for the phone is now, then? I was pretty set on the otterbox but after finding out this...Does it REALLY reduce the quality of recordings? Or is it only marginal?

OP
R

RacingTiger03

Reaction score
those should be the primary audio mics.. take a video with your finger over both and find out. The otterbox is very thick so it will eliminate any sound getting to them. Next two total defense systems in line will be SEIDO active, and Incipio silicrylic. I love incipio, and that is what I will get. The Seido is under development.