New cradle for the Rezound

jeffe65

Reaction score
That looks good! I miss using the one I had for my OG Droid; I could use it with or without a case, like this one. Thanks for posting!

kimintenn

Reaction score
This looks awesome! I wish someone would buy it and report back. :) If nobody does I may just have to chance it. Really really miss my old droid dock.

STINGER

Reaction score
looks interesting and appears that it would solve my issue with many of the cases I've tried ................... I may have to purchase this and give it a whirl

OP
C

cp24eva

Reaction score
Like you guys, I'm scared to pull the trigger on this one, but I think I just might. it's not that pricey I guess so it will be worth a try.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Probably ordering one today...will report back. This is actually the first dock I've seen that I like for this phone.

OP
C

cp24eva

Reaction score
Me and my GF ordered two today. So I'll also be reporting and making a review on Amazon since there aren't any up there yet.

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just checked and they are still out. Does anyone know of a good car dock? I just came to the Rezound from the Bionic and it had a really nice car dock and I am looking to get something similar.

mjones73

Reaction score
I just checked and they are still out. Does anyone know of a good car dock? I just came to the Rezound from the Bionic and it had a really nice car dock and I am looking to get something similar.

The HTC dock looks decent though I've seen complaints it somehow manages to decrease the power coming out of your car charger and can't keep the phone charged as a result. I find that a little odd since it should just be passing the power through to the phone.

Edit: It appears the car dock does not short out the data pins 2&3 so the phone assumes it's hooked to a PC for charging and only draws 500ma as a result. To get it to be able to fully charge, modding of the dock is required.

Last edited:
OP
C

cp24eva

Reaction score
I received mine today. So far so good. I was able to dock it with the case on. You have to remove the insert that is already attached for this to work. Easy stuff. The spare battery was slightly difficult to get on the dock. I didn't want to jam it in there and mess something up. With a little bit of manpower i was able to get it in there.

The right LED light on the bottom left is for the battery. Red I guess means that the spare battery is not full. Has yet to turn green on me as I have only had it in my possession for all of 30 minute. I don't know how the charging is going because i have words with friends running at the same time and it isa battery hog no matter what phone you play the game on.

It comes with two cables. One for if you want to transfer DATA ONLY and the other simply for power. It says on the cables. So far for the price it's not a bad catch. especially to be able to charge with you case on. NOTE: WILL NOT WORK WITH EXTENDED BATTERY. Here are a few pics i snapped.

kimintenn

Reaction score
Thanks for the pictures and review! I ordered mine today. It was $19.99... can't remember how much they were before they went out of stock.

Now to try to find a good alarm clock app to work with it.

OP
C

cp24eva

Reaction score
Thanks for the pictures and review! I ordered mine today. It was $19.99... can't remember how much they were before they went out of stock.

Now to try to find a good alarm clock app to work with it.

No prob. tomorrow i'll put up a review on amazon.

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
I took a look and wasnt interested. I don't use a case for my Rezound so I have to put a "sleeve" on it every time I want to put it in the cradle? No thanks. More trouble than it's worth.

Won't work with extended battery? Strike two.

Last edited: