New cradle for the Rezound

bladerunn3r

Reaction score
How does the rezound fit in the charger mentioned in this thread? It's clunky to get it seated in the official HTC cradle. Kind of unsettling. Worried I might damage or break the phone.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

OP
C

cp24eva

Reaction score
How does the rezound fit in the charger mentioned in this thread? It's clunky to get it seated in the official HTC cradle. Kind of unsettling. Worried I might damage or break the phone.

Not sure what you mean by clunky. not sure if how you would break it either. But at first it takes some time getting the phone jack lined up with the plug. I'm used to it now so I know how to put it on easily now. And the extra battery slot takes a little force getting the battery in the slot. but it fits snug and is nice looking. plus it hides behind the phone.

bladerunn3r

Reaction score
Not sure what you mean by clunky. not sure if how you would break it either. But at first it takes some time getting the phone jack lined up with the plug. I'm used to it now so I know how to put it on easily now. And the extra battery slot takes a little force getting the battery in the slot. but it fits snug and is nice looking. plus it hides behind the phone.

Apologies... Word choice has never been my forte (something someone excels at).
:p

By "clunky" I mean the rezound isn't guided in by the cradle design itself (like the DROID x & Bionic), nor does it gracefully slide in (comparatively) . It requires careful manual alignment and a little brute force. Though maybe I too just need to get used to it.

In any case, improperly seating the phone into the dock can damage the actual port on the phone, causing it to become loose or inoperative (broken). That's what I want to avoid.

Not sure what you mean by snug. ;)

Last edited:
OP
C

cp24eva

Reaction score
Apologies... Word choice has never been my forte (something someone excels at).
:p

By "clunky" I mean the rezound isn't guided in by the cradle design itself (like the DROID x & Bionic), nor does it gracefully slide in (comparatively) . It requires careful manual alignment and a little brute force. Though maybe I too just need to get used to it.

In any case, improperly seating the phone into the dock can damage the actual port on the phone, causing it to become loose or inoperative (broken). That's what I want to avoid.

Not sure what you mean by snug. ;)

Ok, I see. Well the phone isn't guided in by much. the charge plug on the cradle sticks out so that you should be able to more or less see the insertion of the device. If you hulk the device onto the dock then I'd say you can scratch the port on the phone, but I don't think you will break it to the point of inoperable circumstances. once the phone is on then you can slightly wobble it. but it's not terrible. Hence the word SNUG I used. lol. Hope that helps. Just go and order it. lol. it's work it.

OP
C

cp24eva

Reaction score
I just put up a thread with the video. so check it out.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

N4UPD

Reaction score
A little off topic but thought some of you might be interested. I got this on Twitter. Here is a link for a survey by HTC to become a possible member of a community on HTC phones and devices. http://access.htcelevate.com

kimintenn

Reaction score
I'm really liking my dock so far! The connection is a bit hard to use at first, but I think over time it will get easier to put on. I've noticed that even just plugging in the OEM power cable to my phone seems really tight though so maybe its just my phone.

So, I've just been using dock mode at night. I love that you can dim it and it's very dim unlike some other devices that are way to bright at night. Do we need to be concerned about screen burn in? (since there isn't a screensaver?)

OP
C

cp24eva

Reaction score
I'm really liking my dock so far! The connection is a bit hard to use at first, but I think over time it will get easier to put on. I've noticed that even just plugging in the OEM power cable to my phone seems really tight though so maybe its just my phone.

So, I've just been using dock mode at night. I love that you can dim it and it's very dim unlike some other devices that are way to bright at night. Do we need to be concerned about screen burn in? (since there isn't a screensaver?)

I was thinking the same thing about the possibility of burn in. haven't heard anything of the sort. the dock is nice though. The connection got real easy after a day. It's just not what we are used to.

STINGER

Reaction score
been thinking about this dock long enough and now that HTC sent me a new charger and extra battery this charger seems to be a no brainer ............... dancedroid

Fastbird

Reaction score
Just got the RND cradle the other day after a couple week wait for Amazon to get it in stock.

The wall plug says its a 5v 1500 Mah charger, which is 50% more than the HTC charger. Seems to charge slow though.....maybe its just me.

The standalone battery charger is a tight fit, but works to a degree. It said my spare was fully charged, but when I turned on the pho.e it only registered at 80%. Odd....going to test a little more.

Cradle coupled with nightwatch app is perfect though. And I have a Cruzer TPU case and it fits perfectly.

Great cradle for the money IMO.

Posted from my Rezound

corki2

Reaction score
I got it too. It works great.

porcupineli

Reaction score
I just checked and they are still out. Does anyone know of a good car dock? I just came to the Rezound from the Bionic and it had a really nice car dock and I am looking to get something similar.

I have just ordered one released by Mugen exclusively for Rezound. More details in this thread.

Wonmotyme

Reaction score
Got my RND dock in and it works like a champ!

OP
C

cp24eva

Reaction score
My RND dock plus the Night watch app is a good combo.