Will this nav dock work with otterbox?

biggdave92

Reaction score
I'm going to pick up a maxx this weekend and wanted to go ahead and order some accessories. I need to know if the 2 products below are compatible. I dont think they are, i'm just checking. Also, if the defender wont work, will the commuter? thanks!

Amazon.com: Otterbox MOT2-RZRMX-20-E4OTR Defender for Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX - 1 Pack - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

Amazon.com: Motorola SJ1652A DROID RAZR MAXX Vehicle Navigation Dock with Rapid Vehicle Charger - Non-Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

Last2No

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have the defender case on the Maxx. I recently purchased the SlipGrip car mount. It holds perfect, no cables included tho. SlipGripCarMounts.com

DarthKinetic

Reaction score
I'm going to pick up a maxx this weekend and wanted to go ahead and order some accessories. I need to know if the 2 products below are compatible. I dont think they are, i'm just checking. Also, if the defender wont work, will the commuter? thanks!

Amazon.com: Otterbox MOT2-RZRMX-20-E4OTR Defender for Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX - 1 Pack - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

Amazon.com: Motorola SJ1652A DROID RAZR MAXX Vehicle Navigation Dock with Rapid Vehicle Charger - Non-Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

Big Dave,

I have owned 4 different Moto phones and their respective Moto car docks, and None of them allow for a phone cover to stay on during the docking.
the tolerance is to tight :(